Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to leave my family

I'm a 15 year old girl. I constantly overhear my parents say how much I'm unwanted and my older sibling are always calling me name like the B-word and C**t all the time. It has gotten to the point where I can't take it anymore. My older brothers are always calling me weak, fat and stupid. My older sister laughs at everything I say and My parents always say when they think I'm not listening unwanted, useless and lazy. My friends call me fat, ugly and boss me around all the time. I've ran away 3 times, but I always get caught by my family or the police. My heath teacher always says to come up to her if there is a problem with the family, but I to scared to tell her. I don't know what to do, I'm dying inside. The only people I trust fully is 5 friends, my English teacher, maths teacher and health teacher. Can someone reply and help me? I dying

Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. It takes a great deal of courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that your family and friends has been verbally abusive towards you. You don’t deserve to be treated that way. You do have the option of reporting the verbal abuse that you have experienced. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to discuss options of reporting abuse and transferring custody to another family member. You mentioned that you ran away 3 times already, since you are a minor each time you runaway the police would return you home to your parents. Although running away is not illegal, if you decided to runaway and stay with a friend, they could get in trouble for harboring a runaway if your parents chose to press charges. It sounds like you friends have been bullying you, (www.pacer.org/bullying) is a great website to help young people that are being bullied by others. It seems like you trust some of the teachers in your school, if you are comfortable with telling them some of the issues you are facing at home, they are mandated to report the abuse and help you in the best way that they can.
    We are so glad that you reached out to us today. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Good Luck !
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info[email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X