Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend is in an abusive home

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friends. Let’s call her Audrey. Is receiving emotional abuse from her biological father. She has contacted child services as she is a minor but they haven’t done anything. She has tried to press charges against her father four times but he has amazingly good lawyers because he is rich. I just want her hurting to stop before she kills herself. If I can’t help her, what kind of friend am i?

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on your friends situation
      From what you have mentioned it might be a good idea to keep reporting with the police and getting your friend out of the situation theyre in. We can help find them a shelter or transitional living program. Just know you can gather evidence to help with reporting like taking photos, text, voice recordings, or video recording.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

Hi I have a friend who lives in a different state and has abusive parents. They away moved from the abusive father but, the mother doesn't care for her at all. Just recently she found out she has hereditary cancer. I don't know how to help her but I really want to.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that your friend is faced with right now and you’re wanting to find a way to help them as they are living with an abusive parent and just found out she has cancer. It’s great that your friend has support and concern from you especially since this time is quite difficult for them.

Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. She might have options with reporting the abuse or living in an alternative living arrangement depending on the details of her situation. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We’re here to listen and to help and hope you or your friend can reach out soon.

Take care,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X