X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi,
    Im a 13 year old girl with lots of family issues. My parents always fight. My dad is very verbally abusive and sometimes physically. My mom usually doesn't do anything wrong but my dad always finds away for something to be bad. He destroys our house and threatens us all the time. I want to call the police but Im scared. I love my dad and sometimes he is super nice. I think he might be bipolar I don't know. But my life has been this way since i was born. I want to run away but I don't want to leave the rest of my family. Sometimes I want to kill myself but I know thats not right. Sometimes I feel like its all my fault that my parents fight. Please help!

RE: Help

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a stressful and dangerous situation at home. Nobody deserves to be abused or threatened. It sounds like you love your dad and care about your family. It sounds like your dad can be unpredictable, and that sounds really scary and confusing. It is normal for people to have guilty feelings when they are being abused, but you should know that it is not your fault. You don't deserve to be abused and treated badly. You mentioned that you have thought about calling the police, but you are frightened. It is understandable that you are feeling frightened. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and if you are thinking about making a report, we can help you and even take a report and file it for you. If you decide you don't want to report, we can discuss what options you have and we won't pressure you to share anything you aren't comfortable with.

You mentioned you have thought about killing yourself, but you know it is wrong. Are you thinking about hurting yourself right now? If you are thinking about suicide, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. The number is 1-800-273-8255, and you can find out more on www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. It takes so much strength and bravery to reach out to help, and we are so glad you wrote to us. We are here for you, and our first priority is your safety. We can help you talk about your options and make a plan to stay safe. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thanks

This made me feel a lot better. I am still stressing though... What are all the options I have? I don't think I want to report a file

Comment

Re: Help

We're glad you're feeling a lot better and we're still here to try and help come up with options. Filing an abuse report can be a scary, so please know we're here to walk you through that process if you ever change your mind. As far as other options, some cities/states offer emergency runaway/homeless youth shelters where you stay temporarily. http://nationalsafeplace.org/ is one place to start and don't worry if you don't see your city listed, we can locate even more shelter options in our database once we know where you're located. Some young people are able to explore less formal options such as staying with a family member or friend. Those options can depend on how your parents would react to your leaving and whether or not they would eventually end up giving permission.

We recognize this can't be an easy time for you are and still here to support you to the best of our ability. At this point it might be easier to continue exploring options if you're able to find a way to contact us directly. If you'd like to stick to online communication, our Live Chat is currently open (just click on the red Live Chat button.) We hope to chat with you soon!
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X