• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 yo male moving out with boyfriend

So here's my deal

Firstly sorry it's so jumbled

im from Melbourne Australia
    Everyone has issues at home I get it but I've been wanting to move out for so long now and now I'm 18 I have an opportunity to.
    ​​​​​​I have been dating this guy for a while now and recently I've been having so much struggle at home between my parents always hassling me to get a job and they can't see how ********ing hard I'm trying and it's all for them. Anyway I got caught smoking weed and my dad and I had a massive fight and it was a mixture of him kicking me out and me leaving but I've been wanting to leave for a while because everytime I do something I get in trouble.

I've been wanting to move out for independence and freedom and the motivation to get stuff done for myself

Anyway I want to move in with my boyfriend. But my dad doesn't know I'm bi. My mum does but in saying that I don't know how to tell them all of this or even if I want to tell them about my partner.

I just want to know what would be the best way to tell my mum and dad I want to move out.

Hello there,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline today.
    It sounds like you’re faced with a lot at home right now. We’re so sorry that you’re feeling like your efforts towards getting a job haven’t been noticed.
    While coming out to your parents can be difficult, we can’t really tell you what to do here. Sometimes it helps to have a friend come and be a support to you, sometimes it helps to write a letter. You know your parents best. If safety is a concern, it might be best to tell dad when you’re not actually near him.
    Since we’re based in the US, it might be helpful to reach out to an organization that’s based in Australia. Here’s one to get you started: https://www.lifeline.org.au/
    Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X