Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I run away how can my sister get my custody?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I run away how can my sister get my custody?

So I've been thinking about it and i dont want to live with my parents anymore. Why? Because they're always fighting, they make me feel worthless and the obviously prefer my brother over me so theres really no need for me to be there. Just a few minutes ago I was on my phone watching videos because they don't let me go out (yet they're always **********ing about me not ever leaving the house) and my brother came and started bothering me so I said "******** off" and my dad took away my phone and threaten to hit me he said "If you don't turn your attitude the ******** down I'm going to ********ing dragg you around the house by your hair" which I believe he would do because he has hit me and my mom in multiple occasions in the past but hey my mom is a ********ing moron who likes to be treated badly and just because she puts up with it it doesn't mean I have to put up with it now i want to know how I can get my older sister to get full custody of me without having my parents to be put in jail because even if they treat me like ******** I don't want them to get in trouble

Reply: If I run away how can my sister get my custody?

Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe your sister could help to communicate your idea to your parent’s. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. It does not sound like that is an option for you might want to consider. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X