X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!

Hi I'm 13
    I'm not like the "normal" shorts on here I have a happy home good school but my brother had ADHD and it's hard to deal with when he starts to act up (my sister usually deals with it when he acts up) but today she didn't go with us to the grandparents meeting (it's where we focus on grandparents raising children and they have games for kids and things for teens and the adults talk about boring things and exchange parenting ways) he was acting bad and we had to leave a hour early when he got in the car (which took a long time) we was kicking and shaking the car and I had to deal with it and afterwards when he calmed down I was crying to myself because it's so hard and I feel depressed all the time and this is not the first time.

My grandma had to contact my school counselor because I was depressed and I wanted to do online school and they just assumed I was getting picked on which I wasn't it's a nice school (Moore square middle school) but I'm unhappy it's hard to explain and sometimes I just want to die i would think to myself that if I die right now I would be okay with that but not because I've had a good life but because I'm tired of feeling like this. I don't know exactly why I feel like this but I can't shake it. I wanted to tell my school counselor on Monday when I go back (i'm on track out) but I'm scared.
    I'm just really lost right now.
    ccsmod7
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 09-28-2017, 11:38 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re so sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling depressed. It sounds like you’ve struggled feeling this way before and it’s tough figuring out how to talk about what you’re feeling. We want you to know that you’re not alone. As you previously mentioned, your school counselor is a great resource and he or she is there for you to talk to. Talking about how you’ve been feeling without knowing why or how to stop it can be scary, but people like a school counselor, your grandparents, or maybe even a local mental health professional, can be a great sources of support for you.

If you’re not comfortable with those resources but you feel like you need someone to talk to, we are another resource available to you. You can reach us 24/7 via phone or every day from 4:30pm – 11:30pm CST by chat. We can help you identify local counseling resources, explore other options for support, possibly even a local NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) support group depending on where you’re located. Know that we are here for you. We won’t tell you what to do, but we’ll do our best to help you stay safe. We’re here to listen, here to help.
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X