Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and dont wanna live with nobody in my family wanna go to a foster home

Im 16 and i dont wanna live with my father and step mother, my blood mother is out of the picture because i havent seen her in 12 years and shes in p.r and i dont know if shes fine because of the hurracain, but i dont wanna live here anymore because my father is abusive, he tells me i wont be nobody in my life, he threantens to kill me sometimes and says stuff like ill break ya head open and always putting me on punishment like yesterday he cut me bald and shaved my eyebrows off and he said he wants everybody to laugh at me so i could suffer, i remember i told my step mother one time he was at another girls house he got so mad at me he threw me onna floor and started kicking me and bite me on my cheek, and sometimes he starts choking me because he mad and hes an acholic i just cant take it no more im thinking bout going to the police station and telling them i dont wanna live in this abusive house anymore

Hello there,
    Thanks for posting on our forum today. It sounds like you’re really going through a lot right now. You’re very brave for reaching out.
    It sounds like you’re in a seriously dangerous situation. What’s happening to you sounds like it could be abuse and that is NEVER ok and NOT your fault. We’re not here to tell you what to do, but if you wanted to, you could report what is happening to you. That might be a step towards going to a foster home, but we are not legal experts. However, we do know that if your abuse report is found to be valid, steps may be taken to get you to a safe place. Please visit www.childhelp.org for more information on reporting. If you need assistance in reporting, feel free to give us a call directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we’d be happy to conference call with an abuse reporting hotline in your state.
    You mentioned you might go to a police station. That is also an option for you if you feel comfortable. They are mandated reporters there and an abuse report would be made if you disclosed what is happening to you. They might also be able to give you information for youth shelters in your area so you’d have a safe place to stay.
    We can also help with finding you a shelter if you’d like. We maintain the national database of youth shelter. We can also help you call one if you’re worried about talking to them yourself.
    We’re here to help you in any way we can. Please reach out to us directly by phone or by Live Chat if you’d rather.
    Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X