No announcement yet.

13 and depressed

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 13 and depressed

    I live in Kansas. Can I go live with my friend?

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed. Talking to someone about how you are feeling may help. At NRS, our crisis hotline is 24 hours (1-800-786-2929), we are always here to listen and help in the best way that we can. It sounds like you would like to live with a friend. In the state of Texas, the legal age in which you could leave home without your parent’s consent is 18. If you decide to runaway and live with your friend, they could get in trouble for harboring a runaway. Please feel free to contact us via our crisis hotline, email, or live chat.
    • NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      I can't take it anymore. All the pressure and all the responsibility! It feels like I'm the parent and their the children! They don't want to face reality and help me, I'm falling apart and I don't want my future to be a huge depressed ball of nothingness! I. AM. DEPRESSED! I need them to open their eyes and see that I'm not okay, I'm broken and beaten down. They even took my phone from me now I can't talk to my friends. they were the only one's who understood. Please help me. Please


      • ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello there, thanks for reaching out. Sounds like you are taking on a whole lot of responsibility at home and it is really taking a toll on you and your mental health. You so deserve to be supported through this difficult time, and to have your feelings be heard by your parents.

        It seems so stressful to b the parent and the child at home. If you haven't already, you might try to tell your parents how you are feeling. Here at NRS, we do have a conference call service if yo would like to have a mediated phone call with your guardians. That might be a safe place where you can voice your feelings without being interrupted. If a conference call is not an option for you, you might try to include another trusted adult in on the conversation like a grandparent, other family member/friend, or counselor. Maybe they can advocate for your needs to your parents. Your feelings are valid and again, you deserve to be heard.

        If your depression is going untreated, you might look for low to no cost services at You should be supported through this time. If you have a school counselor, they might also be a good resource for you. If you ever need to talk to someone about what you are going through, please do not hesitate to call or chat us here at NRS. It was really brave of you to reach out for help today and we encourage you to keep reaching out when you are feeling down.

        We hope to hear from you soon and we wish you the best,

    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp