Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know.

Hi, I am 17. I reside in the state of Ohio. My parents tell me all the time how much they can't wait till I turn 18 so they can kick me out. My father calls me names such as fat,whore, **********, cow. I want to run away. I turn 18 in the beginning of November. When I run away, will I still be considered a runaway when I turn 18?

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight. We are so sorry to hear about what you're going through at home. It is definitely not okay for your parents to say those things to you and for your dad to call you all of those names. No one deserves that, especially coming from someone who is supposed to care for them. You deserve to be respected and treated with kindness. It sounds like you have some questions about runaway laws so hopefully we can help you out with that.

In Ohio the age of majority is 18 years old. This means at 18 you would legally be considered an adult. At 18, you can leave home without your parents permission and you would not be considered a runaway,

Thanks again for contacting us. If you want to talk more about what you're going through please know you can always call us. We are 24/7 and our phone number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. We would be more than happy to talk things out with you and see if there is anything else we can do to help you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X