Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Hi I was wondering if the chat is more of a one time use thing or if it's ok to use it again if something new happens or I need help or I want to talk. Today I went on there and I was having a panic attack so I wasn't thinking clearly, but I was told in a kinda dismissive way that I had used the chat a few times and contacted them. It made me a little unsure so I just wanted to know what kinda chat it was.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you tired using our chat service during a time of heightened emotions. While we want to help everyone that chat with us we need you to know that we here at NRS are not trained professionals. It was brave of you to reach out but if you or someone you know is having a panic attack the best thing we can encourage is for you to breathing and if that does not seem to work contact 911.
    We also have to remind you that due to high demand we cannot have habitual chatters. This is a disruption to our services. If you need to talk someone on a consistent basis we can try getting you in contact with a counselor in your area.
    Thanks again for reaching out to us. We know it isn’t easy to talk about these issues, but we’re always here to listen. 1-800-786-2929
    We wish you the best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X