No announcement yet.

need advice

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • need advice

    hello i am 15 and dont want to live with my mom anymore.shes abusive at times and yesterday hit me because her boyfriend didnt answer his phone so she took it out on me and my siblings. I have been thinking about this for a year now and I can not decide. I also despise my moms boyfriend as he tires to be my dad and run my life.but it doesnt stem from him. she first started to abuse me when i was 4 by placing cereal under my knees and hitting me every time i crushed one,I didnt know what abuse was so i thought it was normal.then when i was 11 she tried to kill me on 2 occasions,the first being because i ate her candy and didnt tell the truth so she started choking me and banging my head on the floor till i said i ate it.the second time she came at me with a knife and i saved my self with a pillow.when i was 14 she took my phone and i snook on it,after she found this out she shattered my phone and started punching me and hitting me with a pan,she shattered my elbow and refused to take me to the hospital.she abuses my sister by slapping her over petty things.everytime we argue she mentions that shes all i have and know one cares about me.i do have a aunt but she proves herself time and time again not im at a stalemate because i want to tell but i dont want to see my siblings or myself in foster care, At the same time dont want to put up with this anymore,what do i do?

  • #2
    Hello there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us on our forum. We are incredibly sorry to hear your mom is abusive and we hope you realize you do not deserve to be abused, physically or otherwise. It sounds like your mom has a long history of abusing you and has caused you both emotional and physical pain. Please know we are not here to judge you or tell you what to do, although we do care about your safety. You deserve to feel safe and have a right to seek medical care if you are injured.

    It is understandable to feel reservations about telling someone about the abuse. We recognize that filing an abuse report can be scary, especially without knowing the outcome. Sometimes Child Protective Services (CPS) does remove children/youth from the home; however, other times they offer services such as family contracts, mediation, or counseling before removal. If you’d like to talk more about the option of making an abuse report, we are here to talk to you about that option. There is also Child Help USA,

    We are also here to simply listen and provide support to you if you aren’t quite sure yet whether or not you want to report. We invite you to try out our Live Chat which is open today from 4:30 to 11:30pm CST. We hope you are able to stay safe and wish you the best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp