Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do i do

i just turned 15 and my boyfriend just turned 18 we are not 3 years apart and i think i might be pregnant my mom always tells me if im pregnant i cant stay here is there any way i can go live with him or can she make me stay home with her because i want him to be able to see his baby

Hello there, thanks for reaching out.

Sounds like you are dealing with so much right now with not knowing if you are pregnant and what your mom has said about kicking you out if you are pregnant. That seems incredibly scary.

If you haven't already, you might take some pregnancy tests to determine if you are pregnant. If you are having trouble getting a text, you might ask your boyfriend to get one for you. You might also reach out to Planned Parenthood www.plannedparenthood.org if you are in need of any help with getting access to health care.

To answer your question, you can typically leave home at 15 with the permission of your guardian or if child protective services (CPS) removes you due to abuse. So if your mom gives you permission to leave, it is okay for you to stay at your boyfriends. If your mom kicks you out without a place to go, that might be considered neglect by CPS and you have the right to report it. If your mom does not give you permission to leave, and you do leave she does have the right to report you as a runaway with your local police. If she files you as a runaway and you are found, police would typically return you home. Your boyfriend could be at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway if you are found at his house by police.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us so we can best help. You so deserve to be supported through this.

Best,

NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X