Just Sad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Sad

I'm seventeen. My Mom and I do not get along. She blames me for her issues since she got pregnant with me and had to marry my Dad. She also constantly tells me that none of my family likes me and that I'm worthless. She tells her friends that I emotionally abuse her but I have friends who like me and say that I'm never even that mean. I don't swear at her, I haven't said "I hate you" since I was little, and I do what she says and never complain, even when she moved out a couple of months ago I held my tongue. Even when she cheated on my Dad and accused him of controlling her. My Dad let her go on a date with another man, he wasn't angry and didn't even try to stop her. She says she doesn't want me here but then says I can't leave. She says I'll never be anything. I don't know what to do because I want to run away but I feel guilty

RE: Just Sad

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are thinking about running away because you are feeling guilty. It is normal to have feelings of guilt in your situation. It sounds like your mother blames you for things that were really her own choices. It sounds like the problems in your parents' relationship have really effected you. It is understandable that you are having a difficult time dealing with this situation. It sounds like your mother says very hurtful things to you and blames you for things that are not your fault. We are sorry to hear about this situation.

You mentioned that you are thinking about running away. Do you have a plan for where you can go, or how you will survive? We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you make a plan and find resources that you need. If you want to talk about your options, we can help you think of other ways to deal with your situation besides running away, or help you stay safe if you decide to leave. We are here 24/7 to take your call and help you the best we can. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are here for you. We are hoping to hear your call soon, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X