I can't take it anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't take it anymore

My mother is very judgmental and demeaning. I've ran away from home before and was very successful, but my mother reported me and I was found by the police. I still want to run away. She mocks me, wont let me stay at school to work on group projects, or do anything worth while. She does listen and we went through counseling, but it didn't change anything. My mother knows how to put up a front and say what she has to say to move on. How can I ask her to stop the torture? How can I get her to understand the things I need to do for school? How do I take to someone that doesn't want to hear me or doesn't ever have time? Please let me know.

re: I can't take it anymore

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty rough time at this point in your life. We want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way we can. We are sorry for what you have been experiencing at home, no one should ever feel uncomfortable in the comfort of their own home.

It sounds like you’re having a tough time communicating with your mother. It must be really frustrating to feel like you’re not being listened to. Have you tried asking someone that you trust from school to talk to your mom about the things you need to do for school? Sometimes when it comes from someone with authority in school, things can change. We also offer a conference calling service where you would be able to call in and we would serve as a mediator between you and your mother to talk about how you have been feeling and what can potentially change at home.

If you give as a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and tell us more about your situation, we can try to help you brainstorm some possible solutions. We hope to hear from you soon!

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X