Unwanted by my mom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted by my mom

My mom is not physically abusing me it's mentally but sometimes that's the worst kind of abuse. She tell me all I'm ever gonna do when I grow up is collect checks and sit on my behind and It may sound sad but she says it so much I've gotten to the point where I get numb to it. I don't even cry no more she doesn't care about my tears . I just wanna know could a 16 year old get adopted or stay with anybody besides there parents cause I'm getting tired of being talked down on. I gotta leave soon .

Re: unwanted by my mom

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life. We want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way we can. It must be very stressful to be going through all of this but we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way we can.

Is there a way that you would be able to possibly talk to your mother about how you have been feeling? Here at NRS we have a conference calling service where we would serve as a mediator between you and your mom in order to talk about what can make the situation at home better. We are not here to take sides but rather talk about how the situation at home can get better.

Have you thought about potentially writing a letter to your mom where you would be able to express your feelings and share how certain things make you feel? It might be a long stretch, but it could potentially help the relationship. Also, it might help if you leave it in her purse when you are not around, so she can process the letter.

We are not necessarily here to tell you what to do, but we are here to rather listen to what you have to say, unfortunately we are not legal experts which means that we would not necessarily know if you would be able to be adopted or move away without legal consent. The best way you would be able to find out is by reaching out to a legal aid or contacting your local police department. We would be able to provide you with some resources for these agencies if you were to give us a call or chat in with us.

If this is something you would want to further do, please feel free to reach out to us at our hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or to reach out to us through our live chat service which is available from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST every day. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do, we also hope to get your call soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X