Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't feel good enough.

I try my hardest at school but my grades never get any better... My mom continuously yells at me to get better and gets on my ass about grades but she does not understand that I'm trying my hardest. My entire life has been school and it's so repetitive... I feel like running away but if i did then my mom would immediately call the police. I just feel like school isn't the place for me. The annoying part is that I AM smart at other things. I love technology and music. But, normal learning never ever suit me. I've gone to multiple physiologists and psychiatrists. I just only feel happy being with my friends or at home. I mean, if you ask anyone i'm always happy, but I feel like i'm putting on a mask of happiness in front of my sadness. I just feel like leaving. Even if it means that I'm gone forever.

Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

Sounds like you are feeling pretty down on yourself due to your grades and you mom yelling at you.That sounds like a pretty tough situation. Even though it does not feel like and your feelings are so valid, here at NRS we want you to know that you are enough. Your grades and not liking school does not define you or make you lesser than anyone else. You do seem like a very smart, self-aware person. That is awesome that you live technology and music! You might look for opportunities in those fields that you can focus on to help you get through this difficult time. If you haven't already, you might try to convey how you are feeling to your mom. Your feelings should be heard. If she is hard to talk to, you might try having a trusted adult like another family member or a school counselor talk to her about how you are feeling.

You mentioned that going to psychiatrists has not really helped in the past. That seems pretty frustrating. You might start to think about what are the things you enjoy in life, and how you can incorporate them into your life to help you relax and cope with these feelings. You mentioned liking music, maybe putting how you are feeling into a song could help. You might also use technology to help you cope. When you are feeling down on yourself, you might try to watch personal affirmation videos on youtube. They can be a little cheesy, but they can be a good reminder about how important you are. You might also visit this link if you think guided mindful meditation would help how you are feeling: http://marc.ucla.edu/mindful-meditations.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you ever need to talk. We are here 24/7 and truly want to be a support for you.

Best,

NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X