No announcement yet.

Friend in need of help!!!!!!!!!

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Friend in need of help!!!!!!!!!

    Hello there, my friend has been in a problem for a few months now. His parents are constantly harassing him about his sexuality and things he wears. My friend just recently called me up tonight and told me what as going on. Eventually, his parents disconnected him from the line and the connection was lost. I really would like to have him leave the house and he agrees that he should. He is currently 16 years old and we really do not know what to do. I would take him in for now until we could find another place. I did take him in for one night. When we went to pick him up, his mother and father were outside yelling at each other and him. Everything was going fine until his mother called the police on my parents because my mom wouldnt confront her; telling her that she was taking him, although he told his mother. He did go back home that night and no one got arrested, but seriously can we please gets some help here?!! I am very worried about him and his safety.
    Last edited by ccsmod11; 04-26-2015, 11:42 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Friend in need of help!!!!!!!!!

    Hi there,

    Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re worried about your friend and that he’s in a really difficult situation. We're here to help you the best that we can, and it’s great that you are there for him and able to support him so well including taking him and trying to keep him safe.

    So, in answer to your question, we aren’t legal experts but can speak generally. Right now because he is a minor, there is not a whole lot that he can do in terms of leaving unless his parents give him permission. If he leaves and they don’t give permission, a runaway report can be filed and he would have to be brought home to his legal guardians. There is also the chance that if you keep him in your house, your parent could be charged with harboring a runaway.

    If he is feeling unsafe, it’s possible that he could also file an abuse report for verbal abuse. Because we don’t know your city and state we won’t be able to provide you with that number but you can always call Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 and get the information to make that report. If you have any questions about making the report, or want to talk through all of this you can always contact us through phone or chat. Again, it’s great that you’re reaching out for your friend and don’t hesitate to get in contact!

    Good luck and stay safe,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove