•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through an incredibly difficult situation. Also we are sorry about the loss of your father, losing a parent is very difficult.
    You are super close to becoming 18, which in most states is the legal age to leave home. One resource to help you find jobs could be jobcorps.org. Also as far as housing you can give us a call and we can help you look for a transitional living program if that is something you would be interested in.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call, we are here 24/7. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Ive contacted NRS before,just wrote something about 5 mins ago ,i wanted to mention that i want to see how i would do on my own and my stepdad was in town and i she said well then me, you, and wayne,(stepdad) will hae to sit down and talk about it because hes the father figure and the man of the house basically,and they talk about everything i mean EVERYTHING! in private of course but people will get the jist,my mom and wayne are not married,technically they are,and it is my moms concern what decisions i make,and he said if i plan to stay under his roof ill have to sign a contract,and im not signing jackdiddly squat,i still cant grow my beard out

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ok,ive contacted NRS before with stiff like this,when i turn 18 im probably going to move out,me and my stepdad barely get along and now he has the audacity to have fill up a box of my belongings and put them in a separate room till i move out,and he has taken away my privacy,im turning 18 on the 14th of november and he treats me like a [email protected]#$%^ 8 yr old and im sick of it,ive kived in what feels like prison to me for 4 yrs and its a living hell,i have no freedom all i can do is watch tv,and when i repeat something that i know i said,he replies saying no that aint what you said,and then we have a massive argument,and also is there any resources NRS offers to help find housing and jobs by any chance,btw i plan on joining the south carolina national guard after i graduate high school to pay for college,ive realized its time that i try and make it own my own and prove anyone who doubted me wrong,i know right from wrong,and going back to the whole stepdad situation i never wanted a father figure,my real dad was a otr truck driver most of my life and i lost him to cancer in 2016.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I hate him so much , I just ran away from home and have gone to my dads house . He has made me cry so much and he does that allot . He shouts at me and is just so rude and every time I retaliate my mum shouts at me but I cannot help it . I really don’t like him but he is the father of my 2 little brothers . He just gets me sooooo angry to the point where I want to punch something . I really don’t know what to do . I want to live at my dads house forever . (I am 13)

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds like life at home is really tense, you shouldn't feel uncomfortable in your own home. You mentioned that you and your brother were previously physically abused by your stepdad and this raises some concern for your well being. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

It seems like your mom isn’t fully understanding you when you are trying to relay your thoughts and feelings about your current situation with your stepdad. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My stepdad is so bipolar and annoying he puts his anger out on a lot of people and is so grouchy all the time and it just irks me so bad. I talked to my mom about me hating him and she got defensive and said once you live someone you’ll wanna make them a good person. But it’s been years since I was like three or four years old he’s been in my life. I’m now sixteen years old and I’ve come to the point where I can’t stand being home because of him. He use to physically abuse me and my brother when we were younger and my mom never knew until we had opened up about it recently and she still didn’t do anything about it. He’s a very angry person and it annoys me at that because I just don’t see or understand what my mom sees in him. He pays the cheapest bills, and the least bills as well, he doesn’t help around the house like clean and stuff, he treats my mom like she can do anything, he’s a bum who makes messes and legit won’t pick up after himself. He’s so messy and gross I hate him so much I hate the fact that I can’t even be home comfortably without him coming home to be in such an ugly mood. My whole family on my moms side hate him just as much I wish my mom can realize how much of a horrible person he is.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a tough time. You sound like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk. Be safe and Best of luck!

Guest replied
    I want to not live

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out!

You mentioned that you’re having a lot of problems with your mom and stepdad, and the only support system that you really have out is your dad and step mom. You’re super brave for going through everything that you are enduring. With that being said, no one should have to go through that verbal abuse, and we are here to listen to whatever it is that you have to say. We care about your safety, and if you feel like you safety is ever at stake, you can text the word safe and your location to 44357. The national safe place will text you a safe place to go to, and a crisis worker will be out to assists you.

You’re super smart for having a will to keep on going, and we applaud you for that! Unfortunately we aren’t legal experts, but if you decide to run away with your guardian’s approval, your guardian can contact the authorities, and file a runaway report. Whoever you end up staying with, may face some consequences. In the same way, you mentioned that your dad and step mom have been a good support system for you, and an option you can explore is talking to your dad, and seeing if he can speak with your mom and step dad about their ways or treating you recently. You may also consider talking to your mom about how her and your step dad’s behavior is affecting you, and show them that you really have been trying to bring your grades up. You may also give us a call at 1800) 786-2929, and we may have a conference call with you and your parents, and talk it out together, and come up with ways to handle the situation.

Again, thank you so much for reaching out. We know you’re in a very hard situation, and we’re so proud that you are wanting to seek help. Please feel to reach out to us anytime on chat, or by phone at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!

Guest replied
    I am 14, and I’m high school.
    My parents got divorced when I was 3-4 or 5 years old. Anyways, they eventually both got remarried, and it’s always been that way. However, I’m starting to drift from me and my step dad’s relationship. He was always a dick to me about my education. I’m not a gifted student, unlike my two younger siblings, and his way to motivate me is by calling me a failure and talking crap about me for absolutely no reason. Recently, my grades didn’t come out so good on my report card, and as of now he decided that it was a good idea to permanently take it away. My mom backed the idea. They told all of us at the table that we have to contribute more to the house and that was about it. The next day, I was playing a game on the computer before he decided to yell at me that I was grounded. As of that point, skyward was down, so I couldn’t check my grades and prove to him anything, as he still thought I had 3 F’s. I tried to reason with him, but he is a complete dumbass and doesn’t care about my reasoning. He wants a progress report. I mean, who reads those anymore if you have a site online that tells you it? It’s really retarded, and I had no way to go against it really. After talking to my dad. I discussed it with my mom’s side of the family again, and their response was still no, and then threatened to give me worse consequences. I hated their side of the family for most of my life, and they always weighed me down about my grades. They never trusted me, and assumed that I was an untrustworthy scumbag, and that I’ll never change. It hurt me greatly, as I believed strongly that I’ve changed. My dad has always been there for me, along with my step mom, and I’ve succeeded in life because of them, never once did I do it for my mom or my step dad. I promised to be a greater person in 9th grade, and I am. But my mom and step dad think otherwise. I want to change my acts, and it’ll start with leaving my mom and my step dad. I dislike them A lot, and my road to success will start after I leave their house forever.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hi,

Thanks so much for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We are really sorry to hear that you’re so frustrated with the role your step dad is taking in your life. It sounds like you could be feeling a little isolated and upset. Reaching out takes a lot of courage, and we really appreciate you sharing your situation with us.

Sometimes, when we talk about what we’re going through with trusted friends and adults, it is easier to navigate how we will cope and make decisions. It could be a good idea to find a trusted adult, school counselor, friend, or family member that you can talk who would understand and help you the frustration your feeling from your step dad. If you’re struggling to communicate with your mom exactly about how you’re feeling, it could be beneficial to sit down and put your thoughts into letter form. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or nervous to speak with her in person, she could see what you’re going through based on everything you put into the letter. Here at NRS, we also offer a conference call resource. We could mediate a conversation between you and your mom or step dad. It could be a good way to get your feelings across in an environment with an unbiased mediator. We hope some of this information can be helpful for you to improve your current situation at home with your mom and step dad.

Thank you again for reaching out to us. Please don’t hesitate to call us at the National Runaway Safeline if you’d like to discuss any of this further. We would be glad to help you talk through or brainstorm any other options. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Best wishes,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My stepdad annoys me so much. He takes the role of my mom and disciplines me even when my mom doesn't think it's necessary. She won't speak up to him because shes sacred. He runs my entire house but yet he has no rights to. I honestly just want him gone so I can have my mom back. He won't even let me go out with my friends, and I barely ever get invited to anything. He a drunk and all he does is go to work and play pool. He home maybe 2 hours every day but he just sleeps. I don't get how he can make the shots in my life, but yet never be around to have me talk to him. I'm just honestly so done.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It sounds really frustrating to have to live with so much anxiety because of all the noise.

It seems like your stepdad and sister aren’t fully understanding you when you are trying to relay your thoughts and feelings about the noise level in the house. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your stepdad so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    my stepdad dosent know i have axiety and i hate loud noices and he and my sister and really whole family are loud and ill ask to be quite and get yelled and cussed at if i shhhh i get yelled at ad cussed at if i snsp to a song or somthing everyone assumes or cusses at me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. Your situation sounds difficult and unfair. You deserve to be treated better and feel safe in your own home. It was very courageous of you to tell us what has been going on at home. First and foremost, you can always call the police if things at home are getting violent and you or your sister feel unsafe.

It sounds like you are concerned about not only your own safety, but that of your sister's. You could always file an abuse report with the local police about what's happening. Or you can reach out to your state's child abuse reporting hotline or Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. Another resource is the National Domestic Violence Hotline. They can provide support as well. Their number is 1-800-799-7233.

Of course you (or your sister) can always reach out to us at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat service which you can find at www.1800runaway.org. We are available 24/7 and are completely confidential.

Stay safe!
    National Runaway Safeline
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 10-26-2019, 01:58 PM.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X