No announcement yet.

I hate my stepdad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my stepdad threaten to kill me over something petty so I am thinking about reporting him but if I do report him they are going to lie and say that they did not say it and make it a false hotline report

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

We are really glad that you found the NRS website and decided to reach out. Home is supposed to be somewhere safe and it sounds like your step dad is making home a dangerous environment. It is not okay for him to be making any sort of threat directed toward you.

You do have the right to report this incident. A social worker will likely come out to your house to talk to you and everyone else in the household.We can not say for sure what the outcome will be as it is up to the discretion of the social worker. Reporting it could lead to an intervention like counseling or parenting classes which can help to make home more comfortable for you. You can contact the national child abuse hotline for support in this process and more information at 1-800-422-4453 or https://www.childhelp.org/hotline/ .

We want to help you figure out your next steps. You do no have to make these decisions alone and we are here 24/7 to listen and help. Please do not hesitate to reach out by phone (1-800-786-2929) or via online chat services at (1800runaway.org).

Be safe,
      NRS
      Last edited by ccsmod13; 09-19-2019, 06:42 PM.

I hate my stepdad sometimes i wish i could run away but i havent because i love my mom so much its like hes brainwashing her and making her agree on things shes nnever agreed with before i just want him out my life and i dont think our relationship can ever be repaired its a bitter sweet type love or its just toxic in general.sorry for the grammar mistakes had to write this fast because he watches everything i do.

everyday i crawl in my closet and cry and scream and i am so upset and sick and tired of having to do this its to the point i cry soo much i throw up and everytime i tell my mom how i feel she shuts it down with a "thats mean and your being over dramatic so stop crying" and im always with buim cause she works all the time so its worst because i can cut our tension with a butter knife.
    Last edited by ccsmod10; 10-03-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS

I haré my step das so much i cant look ay him my mom and him “brote up”UGH They still kiss and hoy prívate conversations UGHHHHH

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you may be experiencing a frustrating situation. You may want to talk with a school counselor or a trusted adult about what is going on.
      If you would like to talk more about your situation please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support to you. Best of luck!
      NRS

I hate my stepdad, I don't think my mom notices but he is such a smart alike and he has totally changed my mom, my mom used to let me do anything but now she has all these restrictions on my phone and stuff like that, my stepdad is also always joining in conversations me and my mom are having and totally being rude to me, my mom doesn't even care tho, it's making me wonder if she even cares about how he treats me. Well I hope your guys lives are better than mine, have a nice day.

Comment

Hello, thank you for reaching out! We understand you are going through a tough time right now, and we are here to help.

To begin with, you mentioned that your stepdad has been influencing your mom when it comes to decision making. You also stated that when instances like that occur, it causes you to feel like your mom doesn’t care about you. You’re really brave for putting your current situation out in the open like that, you are not alone. With that being said, an option to explore would be to have a sit down conversation with your mom. Opening up about your feelings on how she has been restricting you in certain areas, may help you brainstorm together ways to ease certain tensions. Another thing to consider, would be letting her in on how you wish your stepdad wouldn’t intervene as much, when you two discuss personal matters. If you feel like you can’t talk with your mom about these matters, try reaching out to your school counselor, they may be able to open a better communication line between you and your guardian.

Once again, thank you for reaching out. We understand that you are going through a tough time in your household, and appreciate you wanting to better your situation. If you feel like you need someone else to further talk to about this matter, feel free to reach out to us over the phone at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi
        I have a stepdad that I don’t like AT ALL.In public he is friendly to me my mother and my little brother. but he’s actually a jerk. My mom is really sick and can’t move. My dad got really mad and yelled at her how she’s not cleaning, cooking or grocery shopping. I tried telling my mom I hate him but she just says that I will grow to like him. They have been married for seven years and my mom cries every night complaining how that he isn’t like this around other people. Me and my real dad hate him. And my stepdad hates my dad. I never get to see my real dad anymore. And when I did my brother would say that my mom and stepdad would fight about how I shouldn’t be going to his house! I wanna run away but I don’t wanna leave my mom or brother behind. I don’t want to talk about this to my mom or my stepdad. My real dad already knows I hate him. Please tell me what to do!

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out for help.

We are sorry to hear that you are having a hard time at home. You don't deserve to be treated like that. Talking to other family members, and school counselors can be helpful in many situations.

Family counseling can be helpful and you can call NAMI at 1-800-950-NAMI and they can provide you counseling resources. We also offer a conference call service where you can call us and we can do 3 way call with your parents and help come to a common ground.

Leaving home can be hard and it can be helpful to to think about where you might live and how you might pay for food, rent, and other living expenses. We are not legal experts however, speaking generally if you are to leave home without your parents permission the police can bring you back home and whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway and get in trouble with the law.

This can be a lot to deal with and if you like you could call us at 1-800-786-2929 and we would be happy to listen to you, explore your options and provide you any resources.

We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best
          NRS

When i turned 16 , that rat was there to celebrate , but my mom is at fault also for letting this intruder into our life . I know that he was paying for our apartment now because my mom had left my other step dad which i grew up with , because that one in the end , touched my older sisters leg after getting out from jail because of one incident where my mom reported the abuse of alcoholic in him that day. But anyway... Now that my mom had met this guy and startef to flirt with him and what not , And JUST like the other fling she was having too , she would have sex with a guy from a part time or facebook . she brought that fling into our old apartment and acted like if that younger stupid boy had a chance to act like our father . until when he told her that he would win MY heart and take me. THAT is when i began to realize that my mom was just letting anyone inside our home , with my brother , older sister being there , she became a shameless slut to me. Because the story is that i grew up with a step dad ever since i was born , because my mom and real dad parted ways and she had to live with that first abusive step dad of mine. And after that we met that FLING of hers in a apartment which i believe was a sexual predator after what he said about me , AND now SHE HAD to bring in another man because she couldnt afford living a single mother i dont blame, but she can choose wisely of who to let go , because the step dad i have now acts like a kid and like if my mom is obligated to him and that he wants everything his way . AND i also find it right for my brain to tell me to be careful ever since he came into the picture because of the past. My mom didnt understand the severity of mental issues that would arise inside of me , everything feels provocative , i feel like killing myself because my real dad which i never met , did that 2018 october , my whole life feels trashed by my moms decisions , i feel like theres nothing left to do with my future but to succumb to death in its peacefulness . i felt like my family was being destroyed , even though i was the youngest of my siblings , i believe i have suffered a lot because i am still by her side with him from age 16 to 18 i bearly turned 18 and he still acts like another man to me . idk if its in my head but i have trust issues that they seem to not take pity on . i feel shattered and neglected when they dont understand my reasoning and where i have come from. Maybe i have turned a bit crazy . bc i dont like him being anywhere around me , i dont want more mens eyes looking into my life ACTING like if they are there for a good intention. I fear that if i dont bark back all the time 24/7 & that i act like the respectful angel my mom wants me to be , that i could fall like a victim of perversion. Because recently , while he was fixing the room and my mom was in there , he smiled when i walked in ,calmly, even though i wasnt his wife , even though they were JUST arguing a bit before i came inside. After i was just politely visiting , my mom tells me that hugo is indeed a weird man because he changed emotions all of the sudden when i walked in . she then told me he might have feelings for me , and that he is thinking of me in another light , thatvhe is thinking of my smile , as something else . For every man my mom had met EVERYTHING seems "provocative". But for me i have the right to be impulsive and act like hell is in my way because of these monsters in my life. I wish men didnt exist , because they dont act like true men . i wish that everything changed in my eyes , but would it change in theirs?? I am 18 now and i just had an arguement because of my mental health now . i told him i didnt want him to go to the cleaners with us , because i dont like it and that he needs to stay home , because anyways he was saying that they would go until tomorrow until i told my mom to go with me alone, but he gets up anyways, acts like its his job because hes a weird idiotic jelous boy. I wish i dindt have to think every little thing over with him . i wish everything was normal but its not because i sense his stares , like one time in the cleaners he looked , while i i was passing by , he would act like a pig a minute more if i didnt stare back . he would try to creep in just like that other fling of my mom , like my first step dads hands on my older sister. Idk how to live anymore . knowing that i am surely growing up with a trauma of men a generalization of what they do in your life. I hope that i can get out of this house successfully , even though i miss a lot of school because i also dont have friends bc of my mixed emotions and inability to RELATE anymore. And that my intelligence is a bit lower now . i wish that i could go back in time , and never be born , everything , all black , not even a hallucination. I am sorry to myself that i disrespect everyone in this house now , that i cannot stand these emotions on a daily basis. I hope that i get out of this dark ink and dind clarity in my future. I hope i dont end up under a bridge. May god be with all of you and with me and my struggles. Amen

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. Home should be a place where you feel safe, not somewhere where you are being sexually harassed. Since you are 18 you are considered a legal adult in most all US states and can leave home if you wish. If you are need of shelter to go to you can check out the National Homeless Shelter database by going to https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/. There you can find shelters in your area.

You brought up the idea of killing yourseld and never being born. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you are located in a country outside of the USA, the services provided by the above organizations may or may not be available to you. You can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
          NRS

My step dad sexually abused me and my mom found out. She stopped it but we still live with him. And I feel betrayed because she had another child of his. I love her so much but I feel so conflicted

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us. Sharing your story with others takes a lot of courage and your really brave for reaching out. Your stepdad's actions were absolutely unacceptable and it makes sense that you wouldn't be comfortable living with him. If any abuse or harm is happening at home you do have the right to report it to Child Protective Services. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

You should not have been abused like that by your stepdad and you are strong and resilient. It can be really hard to deal with this alone and sometimes it’s helpful to reach out to additional agencies for support. One really great resource for all survivors of sexual assault or abuse is RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network). You can call them any time 24/7 at 1-800-656-4673, or go to www.rainn.org to use their online hotline. RAINN is the National Sexual Assault Hotline and has a lot of services, support and resources that you may find helpful.

It seems like your mom may not fully understand the betrayal you feel from her. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself and your concerns about continuing to live with your stepdad.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X