Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate my stepdad

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY stepdad is so annoying rude and strict he’s made me depressed and so upset I just want to die and my mom always takes his side even when she knows he’s wrong I love my real dad a lot more he doesn’t do the ******** my step dad does but he took my phone all my internet away and that’s made me so depressed he doesn’t even care one time he hit me with a belt and he also forbid me from seeing my friends for a whole month took away all technology just because I stayed up until 3am cause I couldn’t sleep does he think I wasn’t trying to sleep when I was my mom’s always taking his side like when I ask for my phone back she’s like u can have it back today and he’s like no she’s grounded for a month and then my mom says he’s right no phone for a month and I’m so tired of her taking his side even when she knows he wrong they don’t care about me sometimes I think maybe if I was dead they would be better off without me. What should I do?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 01-05-2019, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Reply: MY stepdad is so annoying ....

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that can make it tough to know just what to do. It is important that you remember to exercise self- care. Your feelings matter and so do you.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. NRS is here to help and here to listen. If you would like to talk about how to cope with being grounded or establishing better communication with your family, we can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. So if you would like to speak more in detail and share about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      Reaching out took a lot of courage. Good job.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I have a stepdad and i dont really like him. When i was about 3 years old my mom and dad split up to create a better arguement free life for me. At first my stepdad seemed like a really nice guy but ever since a couple of years ago that changed. He always calls me mean names and lets my little brother attack me and wrestle me. Which i dont want to hurt him but my mom and stepdad dont listen when i ask him to stop they just sit there saying that oh if she breaks your wrist we wont care. Now i understand that theres worst situations but i still struggle from being made fun of. I dont enjoy anything anymore. My step dad completely controls my life and i hate it.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live into a home with so much tension. Everyone deserves to be respected.

You mentioned that your parents allow your little brother to attack you. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
          NRS

My stepdad is a white supremacist//racists. If u talk to him he’ll say yeah not all black or Hispanic guys are bad cuz one of my friend Jose is nice but in reality, he only says that so he doesn’t look like the bad guy. My stepdad won’t allow me to date black males. Whenever I’m going out whether for after school stuff or hanging out with my girlfriends, he accuses me going to see guys. He told his real daughter and her family that I’m going to get pregnant before I turn 21. I’m currently 17, going on to 18 in a couple months. I don’t do drugs, I don’t smoke whether I’d be cigarettes or juul, I don’t drink, heck, I don’t even cuss let alone go sleep with a boy when I’m not even allowed to date. Like why would would you go and say that to other people about your own stepdaughter?? I went to homecoming one time with a boy during my senior year and when I was little I’ve always liked one direction and Justin Bieber, he’s coming with all these accusations. No matter what I tell him, he says I’m lying. I’m thinking about moving out once I graduate, and live with my big sister. We’re really close, relationship wise and she went through the same thing so she understands. I know you might think I’m being unreasonable and not respecting or loving my stepdad the way that I should, but you don’t understand the things I go through. My sis and I go to the store after I get out of work which is around 7:30, he says why we’re going to the store so late. And once again, our reason of going to the mall so late was cuz we were ‘going to see guys’. And when I say he thinks I’m lying to him, he thinks I’m lying to him about everything! And I’m saying EVERYTHING. He told me I’m the reason why we’re poor. When he doesn’t even pay for my school things except for school tax. I have to ask my mom for lunch money and my sis buys most of my clothes. He gets social security and other money for my being but he doesn’t wanna spend any of it except going to the grocery store and buy a ton load of his food for himself and his daughter and her family. He’s not abusive or anything but he’s killing my mental and heart health with all this arguing and accusations. I go to sleep crying about why my stepdad is such a terrible person.

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

We’re really sorry to hear about your stepdad. Nobody deserves to be treated like that, and we understand how bad that can be for your mental health. It doesn’t sound like you’re being unreasonable at all, in fact it makes sense why you would feel that way because of what he’s saying to you.

Once you’re a legal adult, you can legally live wherever you want (in most states, you’re a legal adult once you turn 18. In Alabama and Nebraska the age is 19, and in Mississippi the age is 21). It’s really important though that wherever you end up you’re safe and have your needs met. It sounds like you and your sister have a strong relationship, which is great! Living with her could be a great idea, so long as it’s safe, you have a good place to sleep, you have food, and all that.

If you end up leaving but you don’t go to your sister, short- and long-term shelters can be good places to stay. There are also transitional living programs that give you a place to stay while they help you get a job and an apartment of your own. And if you plan on going to college, staying in a dorm could be a good option too. If you have any questions about your plan, or just want to talk about your situation, we’re always here to help. You can chat us at our website https://www.1800runaway.org/, or call us at 1-800-786-2929. We’re open 24/7 and are always confidential and anonymous. You can also respond on this forum, or send us an email. Good luck with everything!

-NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X