Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    My stepdad is loved by everyone except my real dad, except for me and sometimes my brother. He takes jokes too far which hurts my mom feelings sometimes, though she doesn’t do anything and just complains about it to me. Not only is he annoying with jokes, but he shouts so loud when I do something very small I’m not supposed to so my mom can hear what happened. My older brother is a little autistic, and my stepdad sometimes teases with him, such as “no one will approach you looking like that.” It’s like..leave him alone! Plus, he makes fun of my mom’s weight, says it in his terrible jokes, though I am now feeling he means it. Not only does he annoy me in these ways, he uses my mom by ‘doing it’ like every other day..it was once 2 or 3 days straight. He seems friendly to the public, but in reality, he is a hypocrite and a jerk. Please tell me how I can get rid of him for ever, even when he knew my mom for around 6 years. (I’m 11 by the way, so don’t forget I don’t have many privileges)

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re so sorry to hear that things have been so challenging with your stepdad. It sounds like you’ve really struggled to make things work at home, but it’s been difficult to feel heard by your mom and you’ve reached a point to where you’d want to create some distance from your stepdad. What you can do really depends on what you might be comfortable with. It sounds like you’ve tried to approach your mom about your stepdad and her response hasn’t been as helpful as you’d like. Perhaps it would help to speak with them together, approaching them about the things that have been working in the household, as well as things that are still a work in progress. If you feel like you need help approaching your mom & stepdad, maybe reaching out to an adult like an aunt or a friend of the family who can act as a mediator would be helpful.

If you’d like to talk to someone about your situation more at length, or even if you’d like help in deciding what to say to your mom & stepdad, know that we are here to support you. We won’t tell you what to do, but we will do our best to help you stay as safe as possible as you explore your options. We’re available 24/7 at 1.800.RUNAWAY (786.2929) as well as every day via chat from 4:30pm – 11:30pm CST. We wish you the very best of luck & look forward to hearing back via phone or chat. Stay safe!

-NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I hate my stepdad

I hate my stepdad

He's so annoying and I know there's been worse people with worse stepdads than mine but still. My stepdad is so annoying and it's to the point where we don't even want to acknowledge eachother anymore. He uses my private stuff and when I tell him to stop my mom always gets in and tells me "you have to respect adults!" And threatens to spank me or something! It makes no sense. My parents divorced when I was about four years old (I'm 13 now) and my dad has not gotten married yet,but about one year (I think) after they divorced my mom got re married. He was okay until he constantly called me names and messed with me so much even though I told him to stop, and my mom just sat there and did nothing. She always either sided with him, or she doesn't do a thing at all. And I'm sick of it! Multiple times I've talked to her and expressed my feelings to her about him, and every time she's either like I will talk to him" (which she never does) or "oh well get over it". To be honest it's like she never sees nothing wrong with him but I do. He's fed my little brother my breakfast before, and when I told him it was mine, he was just like "oh whoops" (basically). Now don't get me wrong, I love my little brother (he's 2, almost 3) but I don't love it when he won't let me play with him, touch him, or gives him my private stuff to use as toys or to bath with. And before my brother was born, if I left something on the couch or my shoes were on the floor, HED THROW IT AWAY!! Once when I was like 7 or 8, I had one of those cute little kid play computers and I loved it! I left it in the kitchen once because I went to the bathroom, and I come back to find it in the trash!! That was a birthday gift to me! And yesterday he ripped my phone out of the charger and threw it on my bed for literally no apparent reason, like I was literally just watching a movie and next thing you know my phones gone! When ever I get upset at him, he acts like he can do what ever he wants to me, like hit me or something! He hasn't yet because when ever he says that he will, I always remind him that he's not my dad and he has no right to put a finger on me. But instead of him, my mom try's to get me in trouble on behalf of him (cause she's my mom and she has a right to put her hands on me). I'm seriously just tired of her taking his side even when he's the one in the wrong. Like I'm 13, he has no right to be messing with a female teenagers' stuff, ESPECIALLY when he's not my dad. My dad doesn't even do any of this stuff. My dad respects my privacy and he knows that I'm 13 and am capable to have my own stuff without others having to mess with it. He always asks before he uses something of mine, and he always knocks before coming into my room, unlike my stepdad. My dads aware that I don't really like my stepdad but we never really talk about it cause usually me and my stepdad try to not interact with each other, and also because I'd rather not spend my time with my awesome dad talking about my awful stepdad. Although, I have mentioned a couple times that my mom always takes his side, but that's about it. Sometimes I wish I could just live with my dad, but he's busy a lot, and I don't just want to leave my brother. I always say that I can't wait to move out, or that when I'm 18 I want to just file a restraining order on my stepdad cause I'm tired of him even being in my life. In my opinion, the only thing good that's came out of him being in my life is my brother and stepfamily. But that's about it. What should I do?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X