I hate my stepdad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my stepdad sm. He hits me and doesn’t respect me at all so how does he think imma finna respect him too. Nd my mom Nd him fight almost every week. Plz tell me what should I do.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

• can my step dad hit me??

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

Be safe,

NRS

• I want to run away or kill myself just so I can get away from my step dad

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help, and we’re glad you did. We are sorry to hear that things at home and with your stepdad are so difficult. Everyone deserves to feel safe at home, and to have someone to share their feelings with when things get overwhelming. It may be helpful to share your feelings and concerns about what is going on at home with a friend, a relative, or a trusted adult at school like a teacher or social worker.

It can be hard to talk about running away or suicidal feelings, and so we are also here to listen and help. You can speak with us at any time by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is also another good resource if you are feeling depressed, overwhelmed, or thinking about suicide. You can reach their 24-hour hotline at 1-800-273-8255, or online at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Your safety is always our first priority, and we are here if you would like to talk about running away. It can be helpful to process with another person and talk through your plans to make sure you’re staying safe! We hope that things at home get easier. If you ever want to call us to discuss this all further, we are always here to listen, here to help. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best of luck,
      NRS

• I am 16 years old and Canadian my dad lives in another province and I want to live with him me and my brother live in a separate house and my stepdad has been trying to ruin my life because he doesn’t like me and I don’t like him. He acts nice around my mother but when it’s just me and him he makes it clear he doesn’t like me and that I’m lucky I’m not under his roof or he would make sure get after me for everything and make me miserable. He manipulated my mom into thinking that I do hard drugs and I’m going no where in life and now my mom is making me move back in with her and him. Am I of age to choose what parent I want to live with? Is there anyway I could move in with my dad he hasn’t had custody over me since 2010. Could I move In with an older sibling that has kids and is 25+? I am not a run away risk what so ever I would just rather not live with him but if I have to it is what it is.

Comment

• ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there -

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to get into contact with us here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From your message to us, it sounds like you have are going through a very hard time right now and seem to be very overwhelmed with everything that is going on especially with your step-father. It’s great that you are able to reach out for help in your current situation, it’s very brave of you to do that. It must be very frustrating not knowing what you can do from this point.

Unfortunately, we don’t know much about laws and/or resources in Canada for we mainly work within the United States. But there are resources that might be able to help you within Canada that can be of more help. There is the “Kids Help Phone” (https://kidshelpphone.ca/). That might be of more help since our resources don’t go outside the United States. There also might be a number in which you can call as well to talk to them about what has been going on. It might be a great way to talk to someone there that can help you get through these terrible times. You sound like a very strong person to keep fighting for what you believe in and standing up for yourself.

We hope that this resource helps!

• I hate my stepdad, he ruins my life, everytime he comes home, he always eats all of our food even the food I cook just for my mom, when my mom is asleep and I watch TV, his is all the way up, and mine is all the way down, he comes in my room and tells me to turn it down, when I go in the living room while watching TV, he gets mad at me, and when I talk back to my mom, he always scream at me for no reason, he calls everything his, and he comes in my room without my permission, I am never going to talk to him, and when I tell my mom how me and my brother feels, she always says we need to respect him and love him, I don't love him, and when I try to respect him, he ruins it. What should I do to get him out of my life forever?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with your stepdad. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• my stepdad acts like my real dad and i hate it, i feel uncomfurtable around him because when i was 5 or something he showed me and my sister his uh you know and he spanks us alot and sometimes touches me places i dont feel comfurtable with him touching me there. i really want to run away to my bestfriends house riley her parents will probably understand but im only 12 so cant do much my parents will probably send cops out looking for me and i cant explain to my mom or dad just riley and my dads girlfriends kid. i also got my phone taken away about four months ago so i found a device i just got caught with it today so i have no way but email to contact my friends which is killing me because i cant live without them and riley is the only reason im alive rn and my parents arent gonna let me see her for a long time currently i want to die if only my stepdad wasnt in my life none of this would happen he is so into whats going on in my life and wont give me any privacy he was supposed to go to jail but my mom took his side and not me and my sisters i want to open up to her im just really scared to and my parents said they will be sending me to boarding school if i keep up sneaking phones which im sorry im trying to live friends mainly riley is why im even alive i need help really badly please how do i deal with this

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Be safe,
      NRS

• My step dad is a prick. He threatened the hit me and started squaring up to me so I pushed him outa my face and he then actually hit me, and then we ended up having a fight and he put me in hospital.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I honestly have alot to say about my stepdad. I am currently 14 years old and my stepdad has been me and my brother since i was a baby and my brother was 5. When i was younger i had always thought my stepdad was my real father and my mom didn't say anything about it. He treated me good when i was younger but as soon as i got older, around 10, i started to find things out that he was not my real father and grew to dislike him. My stepdad is currently in the military and has been going in and out of my life. When i was 11, he came back to my mom after being out in the sea for 2 years i think, and wanted for us to move to California, which me and my brother did not want to do. He thought he could come back into our lives and take us far away from my grandma and uncles.(They were broken up then got back together when he got back over-seas), then once we moved to California, my mom, brother, and me hated it over there. My mom had to quit her job that she loved and could not find any job in california for 2 years. California was horrible, my stepdad and mom fought alot, my brother ran away 3 times, and my stepdad was always hard on me. He was so strict because of the military and maybe if he hadn't gone to the military he wouldn't be like this. He always threatens to hit me for the most dumbest things like if i turn off the A/C he would whoop me. Like what the hell? then he always expects me to change my personality and be a "good girl" he thought he would change me and my brother once he got back with my mom. I am a very aggressive, mean and troubled girl and have been like this for years, and he thinks that hes gonna change me in 1-2 months. I have very deep hatred for him and always tells my mom something that i did and its so annoying because he cant ever keep his mouth shut about anything. Hes a very loud person and i know my mom dislikes it. I don't think my mom ever loved him. He always gets mad at her if she does something that he didn't like. He always thinks that he knows everything and it gets my mom, my brother, and me very annoyed. I actually enjoyed California because i had lots of friends in school and the sight of the mountains were very beautiful. Then i find out we have to move AGAIN, meaning i had to leave my friends and my boyfriend behind. I hated it. I hated that we always had to move places and i never had any bestfriends that i would be with for a long time. I am currently in Virginia and i hate it over here. My stepdad is more strict on me then ever. My brother is now 18 and always says hes gonna beat up my stepdad which i cannot wait to see because we have despised our stepdad for a very long time. I now have a baby step-sister who i adore very much. He treats her differently then he does to us, maybe because that is his biological child. He always threatens to hit me and my brother even though we are much older and shouldn't be treated like little kids anymore. I never get anything i want and always has to ask his brother for stuff. Yesterday he said i was getting a flip phone like bruh hell to the no i am not. He's broke and always says he would get me stuff if i had better grades. Bruh not everything has to do with grades. I have had the same clothes since i was in 6th grade and hate it. i am almost in highschool now and cant wait to start working so i can buy my own stuff since none of my parents give me anything i want. Both my parents are broke and i hate it. I honestly hate the way im living right now. Im sure my brother does also because thats all me and him talk about. I dont know why my mom is still with him if she hates him. My mom didn't even want to have another baby and my stepdad did which is not fair. My dad was around when i was a baby also but my mom left him and did the same thing with my brother's dad. Me and my brother are half siblings. My mom has been with around 8 guys. I have never had a father figure and during my whole childhood i have called multiple guys my "daddy". Even during my relationships with guys, i am more attracted to older guys and have called them daddy also. Would this mean Daddy issues?

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We recognize that it takes great courage to reach out when you are experiencing a crisis, and we are happy to listen and help.

Thank you for sharing your current situation with us. It sounds like you have been experiencing a lot of difficulty with your stepdad, and this has been taking up a lot of your headspace lately. Living in a toxic and unsupportive environment can be extremely draining and frustrating. If you have any close friends or other family members/adults in your life that you trust, it may be a good idea to speak to them about what’s going on. Oftentimes just venting your feelings to someone who knows you can help a lot.

You also mentioned some behaviors of your stepdad that raise concerns about your safety, such as physical harm. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We can file a report on your behalf, or we could call CPS together and be there as an advocate for you as the report is made.

If you would like to talk more in detail, please call us at 1800-786-2929, or chat online through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive - you know your situation best, but we are happy to listen and provide resources to help you make an informed decision about next steps.

Thank you again for reaching out. Stay safe,
      NRS

• Right so basically I'm getting told off all the time for no reason like today. I was just hanging around playing my game and doing my thing until my step dad turns up and says that I don't have it today because I left the door unlocked and my mum just has to agree because hes the "boss" if the family. I'm just VERY annoyed. I've been on my ps4 like this for months and he never says so he just wants to cause arguments which he wins cos I'm only 14 and that I am the blame for everything. Right so what happened was I got home because I get home before everyone else, I didn't know the lock was locked when I entered because it normally locks itself sometimes, went upstairs and went on my ps4. As soon as my step dad arrives he's like "give me your controller" and I'm like why what have I done, then he makes an excuse to cause an argument as he does and then blames it on me. I've put up with him for nearly 8 years now (I'm 14) and everyday even if it's not because of the lock, which is the most stupidest thing ever, he'll blame everything on me like its my fault if the cereal is out even when my brother or sister used it after me like I'm so mad.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline Forum. Sounds like you’re living in a really tense situation with your Stepfather and that’s too bad, especially as your mother wants to keep the peace in the house. It’s been a tough year for everyone with the pandemic and hopefully things will settle down as the world goes back to normal. You seem like a smart enough kid to be able to sit down with both your mom and your Step Dad to talk about how you’re feeling. At 14, you have a good four more years to go until you are off to college so making the best of the time will be good for everyone. Maybe discuss responsibilities you can take on as you get older which could show your Step Dad that you want to participate in keeping the peace. That also will show your younger siblings ways in which THEY can help by putting away the cereal and cleaning up after themselves! Hopefully every one working together will make home a happier place.

Again, thanks for reaching out to NRS. We have lots of resources in our Database we can look into if your situation doesn’t get better. Family counseling might be a route to go and we can zero in on places close to where you live for you to contact. We are available 24/7 at 1-800-runaway and via chat (via our website www..1800runaway.org) so please stay in touch. Meanwhile, it starts with being honest and talking with one another and by reaching out to NRS, it shows that you want to make things better. Good Luck!!!

• my stepdad really hates me,but still cares about ne but i know he HAS to cuz some force reasons,but i hate him,i lived with for more than 10 years,i cant stand him,he always be rude to me,he's better with my siblings(younger brother and sister),he forces me to do what he said.My mom is working in another country,she told me if there is any problem with him just tell her,but i dont,if i told her,i'd in trouble because it just make the problem worse,i know she cant do anything ,im just stuck here and live through day in axiety and worrying everything

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you have some real challenges with your stepdad. We definitely understand how hard that can be. And we can also understand how difficult it is with your mom far away. You don’t specify what the conflicts with your stepdad tend to be about. Have you considered talking either with him or your mom, simply about what you’re feeling in this relationship, rather than the issues that cause friction? We know that can be challenging, but sometimes simply expressing a feeling can go a long way toward relieving tension. We’re also wondering if you have others you can talk with about your experiences? That could also be really helpful with the anxiety you’re experiencing. If you ever need to talk with someone, we are here to chat or call 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Good luck!

• I don't always get along with my stepdad and when we aregue and I wish not to respond to him I sometimes see taking a roll of gray purple white and pink duck tape wrapping etch roll of duck tape around my mouth frocebly shutting my self up cause there are times where I get into fights with my stepdad and don't want to talk to him when that happens 25 layers of duck tape is my mouths best friend. Anyone who has a argument with there step and don't wish to speak to them I would recommend duck tapeing your mouth very tight making your self unable to say anything at all but only if you see duck tapeing your mouth as the only way. A lot of times I view duck tape on my mouth shutting me up as the only option plus duck tapping my mouth shut very tight so I can't talk scream or make any sound at all makes me very happy

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. It was incredibly brave of you to reach and ask for the help you need. Please know that you should not have to live in an environment where you feel the need to silence yourself at all times. Your ideas and thoughts matter and you should be allowed to express them as you wish. Please know that “duck taping my mouth shut very tight” is not the only option. First, If you ever feel you are in immediate danger, please do reach out to 911.

One resource we suggest is looking into the nonprofit organization, ChildHelp, 1(-800-422-4453) or www.childhelp.org, an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed and who are in difficult situations. The National Alliance for Mental Health is a nonprofit organization that seeks to support individuals with their mental health. If you need, you can always access their resources and look up free mental health therapy on their website, https://www.nami.org/Home. Additionally, you can always call, text or email NRS services. You can reach us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or through our live chat at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7, and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Best of luck,
      NRS

• I hate my stepdad dad and he is a little creepy cause one time I was going inside my big sister room and he was in the dark staring at me I already saw him before the lights was off and he treats my brother and sister's diffrent he is like yall so funny (brother's and sister's ) Oh hi you and then he hit me today cause I had slapped my brother cause he keep look at me and told him to stop but he did not listen so at that point I was mad so I had did it but then he got angry and I said I was going to tell on me but then mystepdad had came up stairs and had hit me in the head and when my sister plays soccer when she take her to her practice he says he wanna punch in the face he wanna hurt me and everything and my sister had told me that but anyways then sometimes he can nice and sometimes mean and cranky just irate me sometimes and just scared to tell my mom about thisome and the reason why is because she has been in so many relationships so I'm a scared and at this point I want his to leaverify our family for ever and I do not want to cry in front of him cause I am showing him my weakness I JUST REALLY HATE HIM RIGHT NOW!

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Originally posted by Guest View Post
    He's so annoying and I know there have been worse people with worse stepdads than mine but still. My stepdad is so annoying and it's to the point where we don't even want to acknowledge each other anymore. He uses my private stuff and when I tell him to stop my mom always gets in and tells me "you have to respect adults!" And threatens to spank me or something! It makes no sense. My parents divorced when I was about four years old (I'm 13 now) and my dad has not gotten married yet,but about one year (I think) after they divorced my mom got re-married. He was okay until he constantly called me names and messed with me so much even though I told him to stop, and my mom just sat there and did nothing. She always either sided with him, or she doesn't do a thing at all. And I'm sick of it! Multiple times I've talked to her and expressed my feelings to her about him, and every time she's either like I will talk to him" (which she never does) or "oh well get over it". To be honest it's like she never sees anything wrong with him but I do. He's fed my little brother my breakfast before, and when I told him it was mine, he was just like "oh whoops" (basically). Now don't get me wrong, I love my little brother (he's 2, almost 3) but I don't love it when he won't let me play with him, touch him, or give him my private stuff to use as toys or to bath with. And before my brother was born, if I left something on the couch or my shoes were on the floor, HED THROW IT AWAY!! Once when I was like 7 or 8, I had one of those cute little kids play computers and I loved it! I left it in the kitchen once because I went to the bathroom, and I come back to find it in the trash!! That was a birthday gift to me! And yesterday he ripped my phone out of the charger and threw it on my bed for literally no apparent reason like I was literally just watching a movie and next thing you know my phone was gone! Whenever I get upset at him, he acts like he can do whatever he wants to me, like hit me or something! He hasn't yet because whenever he says that he will, I always remind him that he's not my dad and he has no right to put a finger on me. But instead of him, my mom tries to get me in trouble on behalf of him (cause she's my mom and she has a right to put her hands on me). I'm seriously just tired of her taking his side even when he's the one in the wrong. Like I'm 13, he has no right to be messing with a female teenagers' stuff, ESPECIALLY when he's not my dad. My dad doesn't even do any of this stuff. My dad respects my privacy and he knows that I'm 13 and am capable to have my own stuff without others having to mess with it. He always asks before he uses something of mine, and he always knocks before coming into my room, unlike my stepdad. My dad is aware that I don't really like my stepdad but we never really talk about it cause usually I and my stepdad try to not interact with each other, and also because I'd rather not spend my time with my awesome dad talking about my awful stepdad. Although I have mentioned a couple of times that my mom always takes his side, that's about it. Sometimes I wish I could just live with my dad, but he's busy a lot, and I don't just want to leave my brother. I always say that I can't wait to move out, or that when I'm 18 I want to just file a restraining order on my stepdad cause I'm tired of him even being in my life. In my opinion, the only thing good that's came out of him being in my life is my brother and stepfamily. But that's about it. What should I do?
    I think you should just ignore him really like you´ve been doing because it's not much you can do. My mom is scared of my stepfather because of him she has lost her voice, and it looks like it's like that with you too, so what you need to do is help your mom open her eyes, and you lucky my dad left me when I was little so at least you have your real dad. So just keep hopes up with your dad

Comment

• It was always my mom, older sister and I before my stepdad came into the picture. I actually had a pretty good bond with him and got along with him very nicely. They ended up getting married and at first everything was fine. My relationship with my stepdad became so strong I told him I wanted his last name. One day we got into a fight and I don’t even know what it was about(probably something stupid). I remember screaming at him “ THIS IS WHY I DONT WANT YOUR LAST NAME ANYMORE!!!” I know I might of hurt his feelings but he really pushed me to the edge that day. From then on everything was downhill. We would get into smaller tiny arguments that weren’t a big deal but because of the tension between us it became explosive. This has lasted for about 5 years now. Sometimes we will go a long period of time without fighting but them something always happens where we fight and it’s a big one too. Recently my stepdad and I were fine with our relationship. We weren’t really fighting but more of just like I see that person but I’m just not gonna say much. His dad is in the hospital right now and the doctors think he has lung cancer. I know that this is a hard time for him so I’ve been trying my best to be nice to him. Last night though me and my sister were having a “sleepover” in her room. I came up once from the downstairs( that’s where her room is) to get water and take out my contacts. Then I was in her room for another few hours. When we were about to go to step I didn’t want to sleep on her bed so I decided to go back to my room. I was about to fall asleep when I heard my dog scream. I came out to see if he need to be let outside or if something bad happened to him. My stepdad sleeps on the couch right now for some reason and so I wanted to see if he was ok as-well because maybe something happened between him and the dog. Literally as soon as I step outside my door I was startled by my stepdad screaming “GET BACK IN THERE. Your making to much damn noise.” He then started walking towards me and I thought he was going to hit me so I went into my room and locked the door. While he was walking towards me he was screaming and cussing at me and even woke up my mom and sister. Once I was in my room he continue to talk about me and cuss me out and my mom was wondering what was happened and basically took his side. I was so scared and didn’t know what to do. My sister texted me asking what happened and I told her and she said that she would let me sleep with her but she didn’t want me to get yelled at again. Anyways I just don’t know what to do about this situation. I know that I want to talk to my mom about it just to clarify what all happened. But I just don’t know what to do about my step dad. He snaps at me like this all the time and my mom seems to only take his side and it makes me mad. I know my stepdad is going through a hard time but that does not excuse his behavior towards me. I just and confused and need some guidance with this situation.

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for writing us here at NRS. We understand that it takes courage to reach out for help and we thank you for sharing some of what’s been going on. That’s a tough situation to go through. It seems like you are concerned about your stepdad and value your relationship with him. It’s great that you have your sister there for support. You mentioned that you thought your stepdad was going to hit you and that he screams at you a lot. You don’t deserve to be treated that way and we are sorry that you had to experience that. At any point you feel that you are unsafe or at risk of danger, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. Additionally, you can report this to Child Protective Service (CPS). We are not experts but sometimes CPS will send out someone to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services). After the investigation, if CPS find that there is no danger, they may offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead.

Having a safe space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We’re here to listen and to help and hope you can reach out soon.

• I hate my stepdad because he is to aggressive he keeps getting mad at me for doing nothing or walking slow today he just pulled me down my stairs and i was at the bottom of the stairs when he did i was on the fifth step and he also puts everything on my real dad like making my real dad buy me stuff and my stepdad forces me to do stuff like if i want to take a nap he makes me play outside when i dont want to and i get really tired of it but m mom is fine with it she sometimes does stuff to help me but she never does most of the time its really annoying if i have bad grades they say they will help me raise my grade but next thing you know my stepdad screams in my face everytime i ask for help

Comment

• ccsmod6
        ccsmod6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes great courage to reach out and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s been going on. As you mentioned in your post, it sounds like your stepdad can be very aggressive in his verbal and physical interactions with you. No one deserves to feel unsupported or unsafe in their home, especially when they ask for help. If you feel comfortable doing so, you may want to consider reaching out to us through our hotline either by phone or chat so that we can further discuss your situation in detail and possible options that might be right for your situation. For example, since you mentioned that you have thought about staying at your grandma’s or dad’s house, we could talk about whether or not you have told them about what’s been going on at home with your stepdad, and if so, what their responses have been. Some people find it helpful to confide in a trusted adult about what has been going on at home and you may want to think about if that would be something that you would fine helpful or comforting. Since you mentioned that your stepdad has pulled you down the stairs before, we could also talk about the possibility of filling out a child abuse report and what that might mean. These are just two possible options that you may want to think about and talk about with a NRS volunteer, but there is no pressure to reach out to us directly if you do not feel comfortable doing so.
        We understand that this may be a difficult situation and we are here to support you during this challenging time. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us at www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) to discuss your situation further. If you are ever at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You can also check out the website www.nationalsafeplace.org or text the word “safe” with your current location to 4HELP (44357) and you will right away receive the nearest Safe Place location that you can go to or be connected via texting to a trained counselor.
        Be safe,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X