I want to get away from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get away from home

I feel really terrible. My mom is driving me crazy. She totally hates me, but she adores my little brother. She locks me up in the house all day all night. The only time I can leave the house is to school and back. She just doesn't trust me anymore. She thinks that I'm out of hand or something and all she does is treat me like I'm her slave. She buys my little brother anything and everything he wants, but when it comes to me she buys me nothing. If I ask to spend time with my aunt she says no and forces me to clean even if nothings dirty she'll find something for me to clean. I can't stand her anymore. She's never there to support me. I go through bullying at school and when I try talking to her about it she just starts yelling at me for being the way I am. If I get say a 98 on a test she yells and ask why I didnt get 100. My little brother on the other hand gets showered with hugs kisses and presents. I try to talk to her about how I feel. but she just starts yelling and abusing me. I feel I am very neglected. I need to runaway. Anything would be better than living with her. I want to go move with my dad in Maryland but I live in Ohio. I love my dad so much. I'll do anything to find a way to go live a better life with him. The only thing is that he has a new family there and I'm worried I won't fit in. I just need to get a break from my mom. And if I can't, I'll just commit suicide. Please Help Me

RE: I want to get away from home

We are glad you reached out to us, we are here to support you during this time. It sounds like you’ve been (and are going) through a lot between your mom hating you, not trusting or supporting you, being verbally abusive and neglected. Having your mom favor your brother and take her boyfriend’s side sound incredibly difficult. We are sorry to hear that you are being bullied at school (and dealing with it on your own). You absolutely do not deserve this kind of treatment. It must take a lot of strength to cope with everything at home as well as the bullying. One link that you may want to look at that talk about how to deal with being bullied is www.stopbullying.gov.

Our biggest concern is to help in whatever way we can and make sure you are safe. You mention committing suicide if you are unable to get a break from your mom. If you are having serious thoughts of suicide or need to talk with someone about those feelings we provided feel free to call the National Suicide Hotline, the number is 1-800-273-TALK or go online at http://www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/. They are a toll free number and are there to talk things through with you. While we are not an accredited suicide hotline we are always here to help if you should need us. There is someone available 24 hours a day at our crisis hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are always here to provide support and discuss options with you.

It might be easier for us to help you figure out what your next steps should be (like getting to your dad’s and what fitting in might look like) over the phone or through our live chat service. You can chat with us between the hours of 4:30pm and 11:30pm Central Standard time through our website, www.1800RUNAWAY.org. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. Once we learn a little more about our situation, we can help you figure out what options and resources will be best for your needs. It sounds like you are having a really rough time at home, and we are looking forward to hearing from you soon!

From what you have shared with us, we can see that you have quite a lot on your plate, just know that we are here to support you, you are not alone.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X