Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom hit me twice...Have Bruises...Dad told her Good

Hi, I recently got into yet another argument with my dad over homework... Nothing out of the ordinary until my dad started lying to my mom about what I said to him. Dad walked away as she got angry and in my face (about 2 inches away), and we started shouting at each other. Then she hit me, left hook style landing one on my cheek. I walked away, stunned, and she followed. I told my dad and he responded with "Good!" My mom, still shouting, hit me again in the same place, hard. My dad just stood there watching. I have a bruise now on my cheek and by my eye. I also have pimples there and those are all swollen and painful too. I know a teacher who works at the local mental hospital where I went when I tried committing suicide a few years back. I am going to talk to her tomorrow and just wanted to know if anyone has any advice on here? Thanks.

Hi there, thanks so much for reaching out today. Sounds like you have been harmed by your mom and your dad did nothing about it. You do not deserve to be harmed in anyway. Here at NRS, we are primarily worried about your safety and we truly want to help.

You do have the right to report the abuse you are enduring at home to child protective services (CPS). You mentioned going to your teacher at the hospital tomorrow and talking to her about the situation. That is a smart idea. Just so you know, all teachers are mandated reporters so if you disclose the abuse to her, by law she has to report the abuse to CPS. If you are interested in reporting, that might be a great option for you. If you would like to talk more about what reporting might look like for you, you might reach out to the confidential hotline Child Help and speak to an expert child advocate 1-800-422-4453. If you want assistance calling out to your state's local abuse hotline, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. If CPS investigates and finds the abuse highly dangerous, they would typically remove you from your house. If you haven't already, you might take pictures of your injuries to help with your CPS case.

It sounds like this has taken a large toll on you. You should not have to go through this alone and you deserve to be supported through this. You mentioned being hospitalized for being suicidal in the past. If you are feeling this way again you might reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Your life has infinite value and we want to see you through this. You can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you would like to talk.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat so we can best help.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Now I've done normal teen stuff. I have a bf me and my bf do stuff and I'm in love. Well my dad used to hit me but now I only live with my mom because my dad didn't move with us yet. My mom hit me this morning and left bruises. She hit me with a cord twice and kicked me out. She told my sister that one day she slept in her car cuz she felt like she was going to kill my older sister in her sleep. So I went and told my teacher and school and they called the police. I'm so scared for telling someone. I feel like it was the wrong thing. I feel like since I didn't listen to my mom and snuck out the house and ran away before that its all my fault. I just feel like they're going to blame me and say its because I'm bad. I feel like what I do is normal teen stuff. I wouldn't have to sneak out if she approved of my bf. I don't like being a disappointment so I'm so scared that I did the wrong thing. I've been through this before so I know they're going to send me home and she's gonna get worse. Please help.
      ccsmod7
      Super Moderator
      Last edited by ccsmod7; 05-02-2019, 02:12 PM. Reason: identifying info

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7
        Super Moderator
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

Sounds like your mom hurt you and was a threat to your sister's life, so you told a teacher and now you are worried that you made the wrong decision. That sounds like a really heavy burden to carry, and here at NRS we want you to know that none of this is your fault. No matter what happened at home, there is no excuse for your mom hurting you like that or saying that to your sister. It was incredibly brave of you to reach out for help and you should be commended for that.

You mentioned going through this before and you are worried about how things will be at home if they send you back home. Those feelings are valid, and if CPS is involved and you have access to a case worker you might tell them what you are afraid of with returning home. You so deserve to be heard and get the help you need. If you ever need a safe place to go or someone to talk to please know that we are always here for you. We can talk through your situation and help you brainstorm your options, and we can look for resources in your area. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you ever need: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org.

We so look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

NRS

This morning my mom, hit me a couple of times on my arms and I have bruises there.
      She was angry about our geyser being shut off and the water was cold this morning, I just happened to be in the crossfire.
      I know my mom loves me but sometimes I feel like she verbally abuses me and she doesn't even known it. I love my mom, but sometimes I don't know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod0
        ccsmod0
        Super Moderator
        ccsmod0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
        Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
        If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
        We hope to hear from you soon.
        Be safe,
        NRS

Today, I was slept in for a while and missed the bus. My mom got mad at me for doing so. I can't reason with her without her getting angry at everything I say and bringing stuff up of when ' she was my age ' As we got home, I decided I wanted to stay in the car a bit to think about my actions, but my mom thought I was trying to play victim and hit me with a wooden spoon, then my phone as I tried to stop her. My self-defense mode kicked in and she thought that I was trying to hit her back. I now have bruises over my chest, hands, and shoulders. She says she loves me, but there are times where I just doubt that she does. She even said that she'd move on really quickly if I ever thought to off myself. Even bringing up the fact that she'd buy herself a bottle of poison so I can get it over with. Now, she told my dad, and I'm scared. I feel safer at school than at home at this point, and that's saying something. I do love my mother, I do. But, there are just times where she makes me doubt my love for her.

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7
        Super Moderator
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi thank you for reaching out to NRS!

It sounds like life at home has been very rough for you. Abuse is never ok, and defending yourself takes courage. It is understandable that you feel doubtful of your mother’s love for you. Life is a gift, and there is only one you. No one should ever make your existence on this earth feel diminished.

Talking to a school counselor could be helpful. They can help you file an abuse report if that option appeals to you. It could also be in your best interest to take photos of the bruises as proof of abuse if you do choose to file a report. Another option could be staying with an extended family member or friend, if that would make you feel safer. ChildHelp (https://www.childhelp.org/) is one other resource that might be useful too. They have a child abuse hotline and text service.

Your safety is of great importance. We encourage you to call our hotline or reach out via our online chat service so we can connect you to other resources in your area. Stay safe and stay strong! Remember your presence on this earth matters!

Be Safe,
        NRS

1-800-RUNAWAY
        1800runaway.org
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X