Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im 17 & im pregnant & i ran away from my group home over a year ago

i juh turned 17 in may & i ran away from my group home last year in march. i just found out im pregnant & im ready to turn myself in. i just want to kno what to expect & some tips

Hello Autumn,

Thank you for reaching out to us for help! We are not legal experts, but we can do our best to help. It sounds like you are planning to return now that you are pregnant. That is a courageous decision. Running away from a group home is generally not a criminal offence, unless you were on some kind of probation. Unless there are some extenuating circumstances, you likely will not face any criminal charges when you come back. One thing you may want to consider would be trying to contact your case worker or social worker rather than going to the police. They should be able to work with you and help you come back. If you need help reaching out to them, we offer a conference call service over our hotline. We could help call with you on the line and advocate for you and help you make a plan for returning. They may have a lot of questions about where you have been, and getting back into the system and finding a suitable placement for you now that you are pregnant may be a bit of a process. Without knowing more about your situation, we can’t say for sure what will happen when you return, but we would be happy to talk through your options and help you make a plan to deal with your situation and stay safe. We are hoping to hear from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat (if services appear available to use) can be accessed here:

file:///C:\Users\206\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X