Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't stand to live with my parents anymore.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents yell at me and freak out for no reason they cut everything back witch makes me even more angry I have odd and ADHD and they dont get it, I also get very anxious and havent been diagnosed but I do get very depressed alot, my dad is never understanding and always calls me a failure my mom is way to strict and never seems to care. They also try to make me the bad one in the situation and get to manipulate me
    I dont know what to do anymore

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us here at NRS and for sharing a bit about your situation. From what you shared, your parents have not been listening to your needs and they have not been very supportive. Your mental health is really important and it can be tough to cope with it alone. Home is supposed to be somewhere you feel safe and taken care of.

Sometimes having a safe place to talk about how you are feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Reaching out to a school counselor or another adult that you trust could also be a good outlet for you. This can also get an adult involved to advocate for you to your parents. We also have a conference call service where we can facilitate a conversation between you and your parents. We will be on the line to talk with your parents together and ensure your voice is heard.

Because you mentioned that you have been struggling with your mental health, we want to make sure you are getting the support that you need. There is a crisis text-line you can contact to be connected with a counselor. If you feel like you need someone to talk to at anytime you can text “NAMI” to 741741.

If you would like to talk more about your situation and explore your options, we are here 24/7 by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

We wish you the best,
      NRS

Hello, this is Tyler Adams,

I had a very tough morning today because last night my mom started an argument with my dad saying that he's visiting dating sites which he never does on purpose, he always does it by accident by tapping on it with his thumb on his own iPhone 5C. My mom also had recently took pictures of the things she thinks he did wrong but he's told her a hundred trillion times that he's not subscribed to it. He's been telling my mom that's it's all considered junk mail. What kind of parents are they to put me through this? What kind of man am I to be living with parents like these? I'm easily haunted by the sound of them fighting and I just can't stand having to live my life like this. Last night I was hiding in the closet inside the bathroom that they both share located next to their bedroom. I was loudly shouting, "Help me, Lord God! Jesus Christ, the Almighty King, Blessed Virgin Mary, and Holy St. Joseph! I can't stand the sound of my parents fighting any longer! Please put an end to all the arguments they always get into!" I said it for the first time and it helped block out the sound of them arguing. But still, the sound of it haunts me, and I don't want to deal with this anymore for the rest of my life. I just want to escape and vacate from all this craziness so that I can never ever hear it again anymore for a very long time. All I ever want is to spend time away from my parents and take a break from them. I'm just sick and tired of hearing them starting up arguments out of nowhere and it just makes absolutely no sense to me in the first place, anyways, whatsoever. Please help me, NRS, you're my only hope and you're the only ones that I can trust.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      We’re very glad you reached out to us. It takes a lot of bravery to advocate for yourself like this. It sounds like your situation at home is really stressful right now. How do you cope with how you’ve been feeling? Have you talked with anyone about what’s been going on at home? Maybe friends or family members? Talking to someone you trust can be a healthy way of coping with stress and thinking through different options of what you could do. Also, have you talked to either of your parents about how their arguing has affected you? This may sound stressful but it’s an option you could consider.
      Once again, we’re very happy you reached out to us and want to best support you however we can during this difficult time. If you’d like to talk more about what’s been going on and think through different options in more detail, you can call us at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live online chat at www.1800runaway.org. We are confidential and available 24/7.
      Take care,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X