No announcement yet.

How do I ask to live with a family member

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I ask to live with a family member

    I am 12. I have decided I cannot live with my parents anymore. They have given permission to go into the foster care system or live with family. I want to ask my grandparents, we aren't close and have different political views, but I need a home. How do I ask?

  • #2
    Hi, thanks for reaching out to us for help, that was very brave of you. It seems like there may be some things going on that makes you feel as though you can no longer live with your parents. It sounds like your parents have given you permission to enter the foster care system or live with other relatives.You stated that you aren't very close to your grandparents. One option that you may want to consider is asking someone that you trust if they could speak to your grandparents for you. Have you considered a back up plan if your grandparents say no? We wish you the best of luck here at NRS.

    If you would like to talk more in depth, please feel free to call our 24 hour crisis hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp