I don't want to live with my mom anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to live with my mom anymore

I’m 13 years old. My mom and I don't have a great relationship. She just provides a shelter and food for me which I shouldn't really be complaining but I can't take living here anymore. I'm much happier with other people. She’s a heavy drinker and sometimes even drinks and drives with me in the car. I came out to her since I thought she'd be accepting but she told me gay people go to hell and she's going to send me to a church or a camp so they can "fix or shock" me. Sometimes she has even threatened not to buy any more food because of my weight. Even though she does all of these things I could never call cps or the cops on her. If I did I'd feel guilty and like I did something bad but I just can't stand living here with my mom.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 08-19-2017, 02:30 AM.

Reply: I don't want to live with my mom anymore

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline .

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It is unfortunate that your mother has not accepted you coming out.
    It was very brave of you to tell her it sounds like her reaction with threats has been difficult for you.
    You don’t deserve that kind of behavior from her. Some situations can feel overwhelming and it would be nice to have someone that will just listen.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I’m 12 years old and me and my mom have a terrible relationship. She says she gives us everything we need and that i’m ungrateful and she and my dad (when he was out of prison) they were never there mentally. They never understand me. My dad is not in my life gratefully and i don’t want my mom in it either. I am a very happy kid at school but when i go home i hate it. i don’t deserve to feel like this. With all my siblings she has a great relationship with them but with me it’s another story. i hadn’t had a great life so far. and right now i hate it so much i felt like ending it a couple of times but it didn’t work. I jus need help and don’t know what to do when you hate your mom and your family because they “do so much” but really they do nothing but make me mad sad and they make me hurt!

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for reaching out. It sounds like you are having a rough time at home. It’s really hard when you are getting things from your mom but she isn’t there for you emotionally. It must be hard and incredibly lonely knowing that she has a relationship with your other siblings but not you. Is there someone who can talk to your mom about how she is making you feel, maybe a friend of the family, family member, school counselor or teacher? Also you can contact SAMHSA and get referrals to therapist. That’s another way to start the conversation with your mom about what you are feeling.
        You also mentioned “ending it” and if you ever feel suicidal or have thoughts of suicide you can contact the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1800-273-8255. It’s really tough to honestly talk about everything that you are experiencing. You did a great job of being open and honest. That is something you can continue to do in therapy and continue to talk about the issues you are having at home. We are also here as resource you can utilize if you want to talk or explore further what options you have. Contact 1800-Runaway, if you need any further assistance. Best of luck!
        Last edited by ccsmod3; 09-28-2019, 03:43 AM.

I’m 15 and my friend and I recently snuck out and I obviously regret it because we got caught and it was just a stupid decision but my mom literally beat me for it I had scratch marks all over my face because her rings would scratch me when she hit me and she has a brain injury from a car accident about 10 months ago and she uses it as an excuse on why she goes to violence and I just think she’s unwell and I hate coming home now I’ve never been a sad or emotional person but she won’t let me do anything or go anywhere she called me weak and worthless yesterday and the same morning she hit me because she didn’t like what was I wearing

Comment

• ccsmod11
        ccsmod11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, there!

Thank you very much for writing us! We are here to listen and here to help. So sorry to hear that you are going through such difficulties with your mom! You certainly don’t deserve this. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel safe and free from violence.

Do you have any other support system aside from your mom? Who can you reach out to when things get hard? It is good you have your friend, too. It sounds like you are regretful about your decision to sneak out. People make mistakes, and that is okay. If you fear for your safety, please know that you can report your situation with the National Child Abuse hotline. They can take note of your incidences of abuse, and may decide to investigate. Again, your safety is of the utmost priority. The number is 1-800-4-A-Child or 1-800-422-4453. Know too, that you can reach out to us via chat or call in order to provide you with more supports and a listening ear.

We hope to hear from you soon!

NRS

I have no other family my mom has cut off my grandma and my dad signed away all his rights and I think my mom is seriously unwell

Comment

• ccsmod13
        ccsmod13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like your mom has been putting a lot of stress on you and she has also been isolating you from the rest of your family. You deserve to live somewhere that makes you feel safe and taken care of.

You mentioned that your mom is unwell and it sounds like this is affecting your home environment. Your parents are supposed to provide you with a healthy and safe living situation. If your mom is not able to do this, you can report it. Filing a report would get a social worker involved to help you. If you want to do this you can either talk to a counselor at school or you can talk to the national child abuse hotline (1-800-422-4453 ; childhelphotline.org ). They can give you more information about the reporting process and offer support.

We are here 24/7 to listen and help. We want to talk with you about your possible options and your next steps. We can best help by phone at 800-786-2929 or you can chat with us online at 1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon, so that we can help.

Be safe,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X