Why does my step dad hate me so much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have known my stepdad scince i was 3 but it dose not matter to him when im with my mom and him he dosent do anything but when she is not around he is really mean like today he texted everyone including me asked us if we were hungry i did not have my phone on me but my siblings did not text back eathier so he got them food but not me? and when it comes to me he just hates it and me i dont know what to do please respond thank you

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

hi my name is adam and i am 11 years old and my step dad i have known him my whole life, but he fat shames me and my brother when he always eats cookies and stuff like evry night he will eat dinner say he is full and then go eat doritos or something right after dinner. i dont know what to do please give me some advice or something. thank you, Adam

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting NRS,
      It was brave of you to reach out and share what has been going on at home with your stepdad. We are sorry that you are being fat-shamed by a family member. It should never happen as each body is different and unique. From what it sounds like your stepdad has been shaming you and you feel hurt by it. Some options that might be a good idea to explore might be to join a group in school to talk about the things that are happening at home. Maybe even with a counselor at school. Another thing that might be helpful is to call and ask to do a conference call with us and your step-dad. Our conference call option is meant to help both of you communicate and feel heard. We want to make sure that through the conference call you can feel supported every step of the way. To do a conference call with us you can feel free to call us at (800-786-2929).

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

Be safe,

NRS

My step dad is very rude to me and I dont understand why. He always has rude comments to say about me and my family. He has kicked us out so many times but he is so manipulative that my mom keeps running back to him. She doesnt understand that he caused me depression and she doesnt believe he is the reason why i have it. I feel that im the least favorite child and I dont know what to do anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). That sounds like it is difficult situation to be in. You shouldn’t have to go through that. We appreciate you reaching out because we know that isn’t always the easiest thing to do.

You mentioned that it feels like your mom isn’t understanding where you are coming from. At the National Runaway Safeline, we offer to help facilitate a conversation between a youth and their parent(s). If that is something you are interested in, we encourage you to reach out either via phone (1-800-RUNAWAY) or via text (click the “CHAT” button on the top of our homepage) to start that process.

If that doesn’t seem like something you would like to pursue but would like to further explore other potential options, we encourage you to reach out as well. We can get a better idea of where you are coming from through chat or via phone, which can help us get to a better plan that works for you. We are available 24/7 and are always happy to help.

Take care,
      NRS

Its gonna be fine, im a 12 year old boy, and i am constantly bullied by my step-dad. He calls me stupid and always fights with my mom, several times a week me and my sister run up the stairs with tears in my eyes, and then the next day we have to act normal.

Comment

• ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sounds like your home life is real difficult. You are brave to talk about it. It's not ok that your step-dad bullies you. You don't deserve that. It must be hard to pretend things are fine after dealing with him. Our number one priority is to make sure you are safe. It's good to have a plan of where you can go if you ever feel in danger. That could be to a trusted neighbor or friends house, or it could be a room in your house you can lock and get away from him. If you ever feel unsafe, you can also call 911.

One thing that may be helpful for you is to possibly note when the fighting/yelling is happening or any triggers of the fighting/yelling (some examples would be like after your abuser comes from work or after dinner and/or right when you get home) and to try to find things that can keep yourself away from home during those times study group at a friend’s house, going to a different part of the house until it's safe, setting up a video call with another relative during that time, etc). Again, no one deserves to be treated that way at all. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect/abandonment) to child protective service in your state or you can talk to us about it. You have rights too.

As far as your mother goes, there might be some solutions that you and her can come up with together so you can share that you don't feel safe for you or her to be around your step-father. Sometimes those that are in abusive situations come up with “safely plans” in case things do get to the point where they aren’t very safe and need to get away. So coming up with a safety word and a plan of where she can go and be contacted might help put your mind as ease if you chose to leave home. If you are concerned about this and would like to talk to someone about this situation between your step-father and your mother, you can always reach out to the “National Domestic Violence Hotline” (1.800.799.7233). They can help you with answering some questions that you might have or even help you think of that safely plan for your mother.

Again, we are really glad you reached out. It's not your fault your step-dad is this way. If you want to talk more about these options or about your situation, feel free to reach out to us by chat or phone (1-800-run-away www.1800runaway.org). We are here 24/7, here to listen, here to help.

I'm 19 And My Stepdad hates me, when he starts on me.. he doesn't say anything nice to and feel like that I've done something wrong when I haven't he also get my family to ignore me or hate me and i don't know what to do I've been thinking about moving out but every time I talk to my mum about it , she tells me No stay and I don't want to stay as he A verbal man and he does threaten a lot and blame me for a lot of stuff like stealing money when i have never stole...

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting NRS,
      We appreciate the bravery it takes to reach out. We are sorry to hear that your stepdad is being mean and hurting you. It seems as though he has a lot to do with how your other family sees and treats you. You don't deserve to be mistreated or put down in that manner. A couple of things to keep in mind are that you are an adult at this point so please know that you can leave home at any time if you do not feel welcome or wanted at your current place of residence. If you have no other place to go, here at NRS we can help find you some resources like shelter or Transitional Living Programs. Transitional Living Programs are long-term placements that help teens who are a bit older get back on their feet. They help the youth find a job and a place to stay. It's meant to help you get reestablished in the world. Another option to consider is maybe asking your friends or another family you trust to help house you. Maybe one of them would be glad to help and see how they can help get you to a stable place.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

Hi, can you please help me because idk what to do! So my step dad used to love me so much but then when my uncle from my mom’s side came (his name is Gagik) my dad did not like him so kicked him out of the house. Then a year later he opened up a business and he needed help so he asked gagik to come to help, gagik said yes. But then they fought and my dad actually attacked gagik and now he has scars all over his back and he was black and blue all over, he even thrown gagik at the wall and cracked it. He yelled at him to get out, when my mom tried to stop them my dad said in Armenian (the language we natively speak) “Shut up or I will kick you out too!” But my mom did not call the police because if she knew my half sisters ( Angelina is 8 and Emily is 6) would cry. Then my parents argued about that. That happened on January 1st 2021. Then he stated taking really bad things about my mom to my little sisters, like what adults should be talking about bad. I recorded 2 minutes one night of the 2 hour long talk of him mocking my uncle and taking rude about my mom and cursing about her to my sisters because I wanted to show my mom. She was so upset about it. Then when he found out about it, he was saying that it was illegal and I would go to juvenile. So my mom works night shift and around the middle of February, after she went to work my dad left for a couple of minutes. My sisters were supposed get ready for bed but then they were arguing so then I fulled Angelina away from Emily on her shoulders, Angelina turned her neck and hurt really bad, so she ran upstairs crying. When my dad got home he was so upset that when I was in the bathroom and finished a shower he talked for more for about 39 minutes of how I was a demon and how I could of killed Angelina and that he had done so much for me and said that he never wanted me as a daughter at all. When I told my mom in the morning they talked about and he said “ Ellen (me) doesn’t need love or support she doesn’t need help! Angelina needs help! Ellen could of taken her life I thought we had to go to the ER!” That is when we left the house because my dad said that he would make me go crazy and make me run away and kill myself or he would kill me. Now that my mom has custody of me and part time with my sisters I do not see my dad. But we were out of the house for 2 months, in those 2 months my dad had my half sisters with him and he changed them emotionally. They are now really rude and but when they are nice they tell me quietly that dad tells lies about me like that I really wanted to kill them and that I was mental and I need a doctor.

I will soon be having a talk with my dad so we can clear things out but he is just so mean to me! Please help me what should I do?

Name:Ellen
    Grade:6th

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Ellen,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a bit about what's been going on, it sounds like things have changed a lot since the beginning of this year and it must be really stressful and overwhelming. It's clear that you did not mean for Angelina to get hurt and it's not OK for your dad to treat you this way because of an accident. It seems like you want to repair the relationship with your stepdad and are open to talking things out with him which is a huge first step. You should feel proud of yourself for the courage to share your story and the initiative you are taking to resolve the tension!

It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you’d like, you can also call us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can set up a conference call with your parents so one of our trained crisis workers can act as a mediator.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

my step dad is really mean and i want to go live with my dad there has been multiple times ive done the littlest things and he will yell at me back in 2020he took the phone my dad gave me when i was in the bathroom he did nit pay for the phone then he told me to go clea the garage and i almost got halway out the neghborhood before i needed to make a plan i just found your website and its .org so i trust ya'll what should i do really want to get away

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. It sounds like things between you and your stepdad are pretty difficult right now, and we're sorry to hear that.

Running away is a big step, and it's definitely a good idea to spend some time thinking through a plan before making that decision. Having an idea of where you'll go, how you'll get there, and what you'll do to survive once you're there are important things to consider. It's also helpful to spend some time thinking about your safety and what steps you can take to try and safeguard that. It's important that you approach this time from a realistic standpoint and that you have some tough conversations with yourself about what you want, what makes the most sense to get you to that point, and if there are any other worthy options you might be able to consider along the way.

If you'd like to chat in more detail about your situation and/or continue to explore some of your options with us, please feel free to reach out directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY, or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS

Hello im a 12 year old boy and my step dad hates me so much. He makes faces at me, he calls me the meanest names, he insults me, he threatens me, he brings up the very old situations from the past, he compares me to different people for no reason, he makes fun of my weight, and he tells everybody but my family about me. I tried talking to my mom, and she always says she will talk with him but she never does, I talk to my teachers and they do the same thing as my mom, I reach out to my cousins but they don't care, my aunts always give me bad advice, he blames me on everything. I cant even live here now, I just want to leave, I want to never see him again in my life. He treats me like crap every time my mom isn't around, and I have no brothers or sisters. Please, if u can see this, then please give me advice on how to deal with my step dad. Please I just want to live a normal life.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      Super Moderator
      • Apr 2014

You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your step dad. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
      We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.
      Be safe,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I need help as a 16 year old guy, junior in high school, my step dad verbally abuses me, he has cussed me out, call me all kinds of curse words, saying things like I'm worthless and useless, that I could never do anything. I just sit there and let it happen and he always does this when my mom is not around, I don't know if I can tell her because it seems like he gets to her first and then she takes his side and he always seems to be around, I try my best not to show my emotions but dealing with this for 9 years, i can't and i need help, he just bullies me and makes everything worse for me, like my anxiety, and all was makes it seem like i the one who shouldn't deserve to even sleep, and he is so narrsasstic, and irrational i have thought of running away but i don't know yet.

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, we understand it can be a difficult step to take. We hope to help as best we can. You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your stepdad. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made. If you do decide to leave home, please reach out! We can try to help find resources near you or help with the process of thinking through a plan.
          We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.

Be safe,
          NRS

I feel like my step dad loves my other siblings ( his actual children, but my older sister he loves too which is also his stepdaughter). I feel like I always get yelled at and he never wants to do anything with me. He calls me lazy and sometimes says things I don’t think he knows that hurts me. I have the mindset to move out at 18 when I graduate high school. I try to love him, but he will never love me as much as he loves his actual kids. But I don’t show it because I don’t want to cause a scene. It still hurts though.

Comment

• ccsmod16
          ccsmod16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thank you for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It sounds like things are hard in your home because your step dad shows love to your other siblings and says things that are hurtful to you - especially since the things he says are not true about you.

We are sorry you are going through this; you don't deserve to be treated this way. We are glad that you found us and hope that you will reach out again through live chat via this website or by phone at 1-800-786-2929. We believe you and want to be a support and help to you. We do this best by having a conversation with you through our live services, confidential and 24/7.
          We truly hope to hear from you soon.
          Sincerely,
          NRS

Hey, as a 13 year old transgender male who almost got pushed to suicide and who has several mental illnesses or disorders, I just need to reach out. I have always needed help but I can't tell anyone. If I tell someone at my school they will tell my mum who doesn't really care. I have one special someone I can vent to but sometimes it just doesn't help both my stepdad and my mum prefer my Lil bro for no reason.

Help me, please.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to NRS! We are so sorry that you are experiencing this. You deserve to feel cared for and loved! We are here for you.

It sounds like you have a wonderful friend who is there for you! You might also be able to find support and care at https://www.thetrevorproject.org/ ! This organization helps to connect LGBTQ youth to one another to build communities of support.

https://www.nami.org/help NAMI is another resource that helps with mental health support, They are available via chat, email, and phone line (1-800-950-6264).

Thoughts of suicide can be very overwhelming and scary - it takes a lot of courage to reach out and ask for help. If you are experiencing these thoughts again, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ is a wonderful place to find support. You can also call their number 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255.

You are very brave for reaching out and taking initiative to care for yourself! At NRS we are available 24/7 and would love to talk with you and help in any way that we can. https://www.1800runaway.org/

Please feel free to reach out to us at any time!

We are here for you,
          NRS

Hi I’m 22 and I’m the only girl I’ve been the only girl since my little brother was born and he’s 20 and every time my mom isn’t around my stepdad shows his ass towards me and I don’t know why I’m the only one he’s always yelling at he says he has depression but he doesn’t and he says he has anxiety again he doesn’t have that either but every time he’s “depressed or his anxiety” is up than he takes it out on me and I don’t understand why and he threatened to kick me out well he said my mom wanted to kick me out and he said my mom wouldn’t care if I got killed if I was living on the streets and now I don’t know what to do anymore I know he hates me because I’m not his daughter I’m just his stepdaughter

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We really appreciate you reaching out as we know it takes a lot of courage. We are sorry that things at home are not so great and your stepdad is treating you that way.

Since you are 22 years old, you are legally allowed to leave your house. You can stay with a friend or another family member, or there are transitional living homes and shelters that we could help you look into. Another option is if you believe you are experiencing domestic violence, you can contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline (https://www.thehotline.org/) and chat, text, or call. It is important that you are safe and comfortable.

It is also important that you take care of yourself as your situation sounds very stressful. Talking with counselor, friend, or family member can be super helpful along with other coping mechanisms. You can listen to music, journal about what is going on, exercise, take a walk, draw, or just do an activity that makes you feel good.

If you would like to talk in more detail, please contact NRS either by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chatting online through 1800runaway.org. We can help you work through some options.

Be safe,
          NRS

Hi, I'm a 15-year-old female. My situation isn't nearly as harsh as some of the others that I've been reading, but I feel like my stepdad is always looking for my flaws, gaslighting me, or trying to control my every behavior. He yells and claims he wasn't yelling, he has emotional bursts that start a fight between him and me at least once a month, and there have been times when he's said that my feelings don't matter and that because he's the "head of this household" I have to do whatever he says. He is SO hypocritical and I don't think he cares about my feelings in the least during his emotional bursts. I currently have all A's and 1 B, but he nags me about it all the time. It's my WORST class: Anatomy. I've tried so hard to please him, but it will never be enough and no matter what I do, I can't seem to communicate with him in a way that he doesn't feel offended or disrespected. When he feels disrespected, he tends to be very hurtful with his words, and then nothing gets solved because while I'm trying to defend myself, he's trying to shoot down everything I build up. We have known each other for 4, almost 5 years and things have not gotten much better. He also deflects things, blaming them on other people or circumstances like, "I had a long day" or, "I'm tired." or, "I need coffee." I feel like we will never have a healthy relationship. This is extremely problematic because I've lived with my mom my whole life (my bio dad and mom separated when I was very young) and I have a very strong connection with her. I do not want to give up my relationship with my biggest supporter, my best friend, and my mom because I have a problem with her husband. Keep in mind, as soon as he came into my life, he immediately tried to take over as if he was there the whole time and then gets upset with me when I can't understand what he was trying to convey. It's a never-ending cycle of unhappiness and I am so tired of it. What should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there, thank you for reaching out. It sounds like your step dad have been giving you issues since coming into your life and that he is always starting a fight with you. It seems like he wants you to recognize how he is feeling, but not taking your feelings into consideration. This sounds very exhausting living with him and knowing that he will continue to start arguments with you and invalidate how you are feeling. You mentioned that you have always lived with your mom and have a good relationship with her. Is it possible to talk to your mom about how you feel with being treated by your step dad and see if she can help in any way? You are her child and could be a support for you on this. If you are nervous about having this conversation on your own, we have a service called conference call where if you call our hotline, we can call out to your mom and have a mediated conversation to support you through that. If you are interested in that, or just want to talk more about this, please call our hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us online at 1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe,
          NRS

Hi im 13, i've known my step dad since i was 3, but since i'm not his child he hates me alot for it, i have 3 other siblings and he treats them so much better but he just doesn't care about me, he's also really mean to my brother because he's sensitive, like a couple days ago he called my brother stupid for a simple mistake and he told my brother "how dumb are you" and last night he yelled at him for not saying your welcome to my sister, even though i'm quite polite and say thank you for everything and they never even reply. we have a dog and i'm never allowed to be around it.. It's like whenever the dog gets excited to see me he would hit the dog and take the dog outside until i leave. and with my siblings i'm not even allowed to be around them or even talk to them and every time i do he gets mad or gets mad at them, treating me like a stranger. like my brother for example my brother completely ignores me because his dad fills his head with lies saying i'm a terrible influence, im dumb, and not to do, trust, or believe anything i say. but that's just some of the things, whenever my mom isn't home he calls me cuss words and says a lot of mean things like saying i smell and for my mom she doesn't even like talking to me, everytime i try she calls it annoying and just tells me to go away or yells at me but mom barely even does anything for me she just says im being annoying just now as i was typing my step dad, he called my brother slow for another mistake and compared him to other things he can do just fine to the mistakes he made, they make me hate life so much..i just want another family my step dad just acts like everything i do is wrong he even told me " i wouldn't care if you starved to death" because i asked for water.. because he doesnt allow us to even go in the kitchen without permission and when any food is gone they blame me and it feels terrible, it's like they buy food just for decoration because when they get it and it's gone they get so mad like for example drinks other than water if it ends up gone they say they won't buy it anymore and he also said "i'm so glad your not my child cus you act so retarded" because i wasn't feeling well and stayed home from school, he calls me and my siblings slurs like retarded and says a lot of hurtful things. one thing a child wants is to be able to talk to their parents and come to them for emotional support but whenever i try they just say its stupid other things is they are very strict and i havent had any electronics for almost 4 months so i have no contact with any of my friends and mostly all of them ghosted me so the people i "had" for emotional support, they're all gone.. please help me i don't know what to do anymore. i hate living with such a toxic family and not being able to do anything because I'm scared. my stepdad once sprained my brothers arm and now cps is involved but i cant tell them anything because my mom told me that they dont wanna help they just wanna take me and my siblings away. there's nothing to tell them but how they're treating us, they don't abuse us and my parents don't hit me anymore because it doesn't do anything but that's just me. what do i do...

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          First, thank you very much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. I’m very sorry that you and your siblings have to go through the kind of treatment your step-dad and your mother are inflicting upon you. It appears that your step dad treats his own children differently then he treats the step children which really constitutes as a form of emotional abuse by what you are describing in your letter. It also seems like your mother is not really able or willing to change your step-dad’s behavior making it even harder all around. It seems like you’ve done nothing wrong to deserve this behavior so please know it’s nothing you have done!

Since honesty is the best policy, it would be great if you could be really honest when you are asked by CPS about what’s going on at home. Since CPS typically makes every attempt to keep a family together so telling them will hopefully show them that family counseling might be a good solution your situation. While there are no guarantees if what CPS does it will at least be noted that there is behavior by parents that is not appropriate towards the children in the home.

It would be really great if you could either reach us through our Chat Option at www.1800runaway.org or via phone at 1-800-786-2929. Speaking to you would give us an opportunity to learn a bit more about your situation and your family so-as-to determine what might be best. Here at NRS we have a database of resources that may be helpful to you ranging from counseling services close to where you live to identifying that that there is no real threat happening within your home. You deserve to be living a life where things are fair and people are nice to one another, especially as you are all living in the same home.

Thank you again for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
          National Runaway Safeline
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
      x
      x
      Working...
      X