No announcement yet.

Why does my step dad hate me so much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have known my stepdad scince i was 3 but it dose not matter to him when im with my mom and him he dosent do anything but when she is not around he is really mean like today he texted everyone including me asked us if we were hungry i did not have my phone on me but my siblings did not text back eathier so he got them food but not me? and when it comes to me he just hates it and me i dont know what to do please respond thank you

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

hi my name is adam and i am 11 years old and my step dad i have known him my whole life, but he fat shames me and my brother when he always eats cookies and stuff like evry night he will eat dinner say he is full and then go eat doritos or something right after dinner. i dont know what to do please give me some advice or something. thank you, Adam

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting NRS,
      It was brave of you to reach out and share what has been going on at home with your stepdad. We are sorry that you are being fat-shamed by a family member. It should never happen as each body is different and unique. From what it sounds like your stepdad has been shaming you and you feel hurt by it. Some options that might be a good idea to explore might be to join a group in school to talk about the things that are happening at home. Maybe even with a counselor at school. Another thing that might be helpful is to call and ask to do a conference call with us and your step-dad. Our conference call option is meant to help both of you communicate and feel heard. We want to make sure that through the conference call you can feel supported every step of the way. To do a conference call with us you can feel free to call us at (800-786-2929).

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X