Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 and living in a bad environment.

Recently I turned 14 and Im really starting to hate my life. My whole life i've lived with this family, not fitting in. Not talking to anyone. For the past few months I've stopped talking to my little sister. I've stopped talking to my Mothers boyfriend. And as of now I don't even talk to my mother. Me and my mom have a really bad relationship. Before we moved, I would always hang out with my friend, Guys AND girls. My mother, for some strange reason would think I would be doing bad things, such as having sex, or doing drugs! So every time I would come home, she would yell at me calling me every crazy name imaginable. This is when i started to notice how my depression was coming from being in this family. After my mom would beat me she would act like nothing would happen and laugh happily and having fun. I would always have to had all the damange that lady done to me. Even if im at this age Im always stressed out. depressed. I feel like i basically cry every singel day. I just want to leave this family so bad. But of course theres more. My mother one day, told me to kill myself for going to the store and not getting anything for her for mothers day. Like i would want to anyway. My mother tries to make it seem like shes does everything. She has 4 kids including me, and me being the oldest of course i have to take care of them while she goes and drinks. After that I always planned how i could escape this house. After she told me to kill myself I've always had a plan. SInce my birthday passed ive gotten a phone. So I'd be able to leave. I know i shouldnt be thinking this but my life, this house has always been bad. I just want to leave i dont know what to do anymore. I just want to run away.

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight. It sounds like you're in a really difficult position right now. We are so sorry to hear about everything you're going through.

You do not deserve to be treated that way by anyone, especially someone who is supposed to care for you like your mother. It is not okay for her to say those things to you or put her hands on you. We want you to know that you have a right to report what is going on in your home if it's something you feel comfortable doing. You can always call out to the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453. They can help you out and talk to you about what abuse looks like, what filing an abuse report is like, and things along those lines.

Something you can also think about is talking to someone close to you about what is going on at home. That could be a friend, a family member, or another trusted adult you care about. You can also consider going to see a school counselor and talking to them about everything if that is something you feel comfortable doing. They can give you the validation and support that your mom is not giving you, and they may be able to more directly help you or give you a place to stay if things get particularly bad.

You mentioned depression and your mom telling you to kill yourself. We want you to know we're really glad you reached out to us today, and that your life is so important. It is great that you are here with us today. If you ever feel hopeless you can call out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

When it comes to running away, normally when you leave home before the age of 18 you would be considered a runaway. Running away is not illegal but it is considered a status offense. What this means is that you won't be arrested for running away, but your parents could file a runaway report for you with the police and the police would be looking for you. If the police found you they would take you back home. It would not go on your permanent record and you would not get arrested. If there is any abuse going on at home and you tell the police about it they'll investigate it and get in contact with child protective services.

If you need anything else or just want to talk more about what you're going through please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer and help in the best way that we can. We wish you the best of luck with everything!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X