Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna go back to my mom, but my dad won't let me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna go back to my mom, but my dad won't let me.

I'm 15, my name is Brenden, and I live in Ohio. 2 years ago I left my Mom to see my Dad because I had not seen my Dad for 7 years, and my Mom was an alcoholic. I realized that there was a good reason why I didn't see him for so long. Currently my Mom is no longer and alcoholic and has her life together. I told my Dad I wanted to go back around the end of my freshman year. He told me no, and if I even bring it up he likes to ******** on her and talk about how he pays for her all the time, and how her life is a wreck. He personally hasn't met with my mom longer than I haven't seen him, and he has no clue about her life. Around the very end of school I began crying, having mental breakdowns, gained serious depression, procrastination, aggression, became antisocial, as I tend to ignore everyone I know to think about everything that goes on. I just want to go back to my Mom, and I want to drop out. Around this time, I would have arguments with my Dad, until he eventually said I could go back once school was finished. I was satisfied with that, but I still had given up on school. I ended up finishing my freshman year, and now it's almost the end of summer. I talked about it to him, and it turns out he lied to me so that I would just shut up. He now won't let my sister and I even visit her now, and my Dad pretends like I want to be here. He tries to just buy me things to make it bearable living here. I constantly neutral towards him, and he knows I don't wanna be around him. I miss my family, my friends, and my hometown.

Hi Brenden,
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time with your dad, and we are sorry to hear that. We want you to know that we are here to support you during this challenging time. Talking with a family lawyer, or your mom might shed light on your living situation. Legal custody/guardianship can be tricky to understand, but we can explore more over the phone or via our chat service. Please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X