No announcement yet.

please help!!!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod6
    Hey there,

    Thanks for reaching out to us, sounds like you’re going through a tough time at home and can use some help. We’re here to help you make the best decision you can.

    It’s never okay for someone to be physically or verbally abusive towards you, even if it’s a parent. If it keeps happening then it might be a good idea to tell someone you trust, like a good friend or favorite teacher at school. But if you decide on that, it is possible that child protective services might get involved. School is usually a good place to talk about it, especially school counseling. If you communicate it to them, they might be able to offer support and provide evidence in case your mom says otherwise. If you’ve been talking to your best friend about this, maybe you can talk to their parents and see if they can help.

    As far as running away, we can say that running away is not a crime, but it is considered a status offense. This means that you would not be arrested for running away, but your mom could make a runaway report with the police and they would have to bring you back home if they found you. If your friend's mom took you in she could possibly get into trouble for what's called harboring a runaway. In order for her to get into trouble for doing this your mom would have to want to take her to court and press charges against her.

    We are not sure if you can legally enroll in another school without a legal guardian, so you may need to reach out to that school district to see what exactly they would do about that situation.

    If you want to talk more about what you're going through please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. You can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are 24/7 so someone will always be here to help in the best way that we can.

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic please help!!!

    please help!!!

    okay so my situation is that my mom is mentally abusive and she actually does care about me at all only when it either involves her or involves someone else's opinion. i know my mom would not let me live with my best friend till i'm 18 ( 13 rn ) but i was talking to her mom about staying with them for 10 months so i can go to my old school bc i hate the school i'm recently going to. does my mom have to agree? is it legal? please help me with this need an answer.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp