Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of freedom driving me to self harm

Im 14 and i have no freedom. I was caught self harming at 13 and lost a lot of trust. my mom locked my phone up and kept an eye on me which i 100% understand. Its been over a year since it and she has gotten worse. Tracking all a social media. Blocking phone up and tracking me. its horrible. It feels like i wanna scream , I just get so angry. Im getting to the point where i feel a relapse in inevitable. Im stuck clawing my skin and screaming into pillows to help at all. It's only getting worse. I have nobody to talk to especially not my mom. She told me i am not allowed to discuss my freedom at all with her. I need help. I can't do this. I wanna leave so badly, i wanna just pack a back, delete security off my phone and leave her to regret what she did. What do i do?

Thank you for reaching out to us at NRS, we’re glad you did! It sounds like the last year has been frustrating. Other than screaming into a pillow, can you think of any other activities that might be an outlet for your emotions?

It sounds like your mom is difficult to talk to about what you are going through, are there any other adults in your life that you could reach out to for support? These trusted people could be other family members, your friends’ parents or a school counselor. You might consider getting another adult in on a conversation with your mom about how you feel and what can be done to improve your life at home right now – including giving you more freedom, which sounds like what you want. You may want to consider asking Mom about whether you can see a therapist or talk to a professional if you think that might be helpful for you.

If you would like to talk more about what is going on at home or anything else, please give us a call at 1-800-786-2929. We are here 24/7 to support you and discuss what is going on in your life. Another resource available to you is the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, their number is 1-800-273-8255.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X