Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Abuse

I'm 19 & am doing CA, I have cleared my first exam. Problem is that my parents aren't very supportive of me. Even if there is something small mistake from me, they make it big and made me think that I'm bad and that I'm causing a lot of pain to them. This happens always. I don't think I can complete CA with this sort of attitude from my family, there is no freedom to me whatsoever. They are asking me to either study sincerely or work at our business. But they don't realize that every now & then they are putting a lot of pressure on me. And i don't think I can complete CA and I can't even think of stopping CA & running my business as it will increase abuse. I just want to run away from my family n everything. Do some job, earn for my living n live a new life.

Please see our response to your similar post:

“Hello there, thank you for reaching out.

Sounds like your family is not supportive of you, and putting too much pressure on you complete CA. That sounds incredibly difficult to deal with. You so deserve to be supported through your schooling, rather than put down.

You mentioned wanting to start new, and run away from your life. We are not legal experts but we can speak generally. Since you are 19, you are considered a legal adults in most states and can leave home without your parents’ permission. So if you are unhappy at home, you might look to see if there is anyone else you can stay with such as a friend or extended family member. You might also start looking for jobs you would be interested in, by researching jobs online or going out into your community and looking for job openings.

If you have not already, you might see if your school has any mental health services or a wellness center. Sometimes those services are low to no cost, and can help you cope with a heavy course load. It sounds like all the pressure is taking a toll on you, and again, you so deserve to be supported. If your school does not offer those services, please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like us to look up counseling resources in your area.

Please do not hesitate to reach out via phone or chat if you would like to talk more about your situation. We are here 24/7 by phone and really want to help.

Best of luck,

NRS”
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X