12 &a Running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 &a Running away

Hi there, i just turned 12 and I need to run away. My parents always make me cry and abuse me verbally. They always go out of the house and when I mean alway I'm talking atleast 15 times from 12 pm to 8 pm. I live in Asheville, don't know where to go but I do know I have about 1000$ saved up. My parents don't understand their own strength, that have dragged me whenever I do something wrong. God forbid I even unload dishes cuase I do it wrong according to them! Please help me

Hi!

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We are here to help you and support you as best we can. It looks like you might be in a very frustrating situation, but it’s very courageous of you to reach out and ask for help.
    It’s understandable to feel like running away. You mentioned that they always abused you verbally and make you cry.
    It’s not ok for them to treat you that way, but you do have many options.

We will offer some of them, and provide some resources for you, but the best way we can help you is by offering resources based on details you provide while talking over the phone or by chatting online. One option you have is talking to school personnel. Have you spoken to your counselor or social worker at school? You can also talk to your favorite teacher about what is going on at home with your parents. Another option is talking to other relatives. Maybe they can help your situation by talking to your parents. Have you considered spending some time living with relatives? Would your parents allow you to do that?

Here at NRS, we offer 2 mediation services. The first is a messaging service. We can relay a message to your parents on your behalf. For us to do this, however, you must call us and give us the message over the phone. We also offer a conference call option. If you call us, we can mediate a conference call between you and your parents.

If you’re feeling sad or depressed, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a great resource. You can reach them at 1-800-273-8255. Again, it’s not ok to be treated the way you are being treated, it might be considered child abuse. Because of this, another option available to you is filing a child abuse report. We have many other resources for you, but would need for you to call us or chat with us online through our website.
    Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us.

You can reach us online at www.1800runaway.org or by phone at 1-800-786-2929

We’re here to listen, here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi!! I'm also 12 and my mom always mentally abuses me and then pretends nothing happened. Its really getting out of hand. Running away has always been in the back of my mind but I'm probably too much of a wimp to actually do it... I wanted to know are you still home and did things get better or no? Rn things are not getting better for me, my mom always makes me feel bad about every little thing. She has screamed at me and made me cry countless times and then she smiles and pretends like nothing happened. I have to forgive her otherwise She'll get even angrier ☹ well let me know....... It's actually kind of nice to know someone is (sorta) in the same place I'm in. (Btw I'm from colorado)

Comment

Hello! I'm also 12 years old and my mom always mentally abuses me. She always screams at me until I cry and then pretends like everything is fine and nothing happened and she never apologizes. I wanted to know if you ever ran away or not?? I'm looking on this forum because my mom just made me clean the whole kitchen because I looked at her wrong and "gave her attitude" she even broke a glass. Well let me know.... Also its kinda nice to know that someone is sorta in the same boat as me (kinda) ☺
        ​​​

Comment

Reply: Hello! I'm also 12 years old and my mom always mentally abuses me.

Hello,
          Thank you for your response to another user’s post.

Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
          Contact NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

Take care,
          NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I am 12 well ur probably 13 or 14 right now my parents (mom) allways insault me for stupid stuff
            my mom and grandma always give the reason to my brother my bro is a drugiee hes 28 or 29 he still lives with us even tho i love my fam but there to ********ty so i get u it is really anoying i dont get along that much with ppl in my town douglas az there is no gangs in school i get insalted they say im a gang member now sopposidly im a drug addict yes i have a dad even tho my fam loves me and all but its getting to out of hand but u should stay strong

Comment

• ccsmod2
              ccsmod2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello There,
              Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It seems like you are going through a super difficult time right now. You do not deserve to be insulted, if you feel this is emotional abuse you can make a report by calling Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. Also having a brother at home who does drugs can be hard and a scary environment. You can contact SAMHSA (substance abuse and mental health services association). They can be reached at 1800-662-4357.
              If you have any more questions or would like to talk more about your situation please chat with us or give us a call. We are here 24/7 to help and provide support to you. Best of luck, stay strong!
              NRS
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X