16 and depressed. tired of living at home and wants to run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and depressed. tired of living at home and wants to run away

honestly i would like to run away at this point. my parents stress me out a lot. i have anxiety and depression, they tried i guess but they arent helping. they make me go witht ehm places where i cant go due to stress sometimes, but whta hurts the most is how they react when im severely depressed.
    just uesterday i was worried about a close friend of mine's depression as it had gotten worse. we were talking on the internet, when my parents turned it off
    i was horrified, my friend needed me and my parnets didnt care at all. i cried so hard i vomited a little, and they didnt do anything but try and talk me out of crying they let me talk to him and turned on the wifi again, but honestly, the fact that my friend wanted to die and they were fine with not letting me reach out to them?
    its sickening. i've been depressed for a while and i almost lost a relative to suicide(they're fine now.) yet it's okay for them to not have any smpathy that my friend could've died and i couldn't help. i dont care if it was late, because you know what? if i wanted to die i sure bet they'd want my friends to help me and they did a better job helping me than they do. my parents just let me cry and did nothing to try and make me calmer. i cant even tell if they care about me anymore. clearly they should just love my sister and younger brother more, because they dont even care when im crying.
    should i run away?

Thank you so much for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through a lot and are frustrated with the lack of support from your parents. You’ve been trying to work through your illness while also staying emotionally available for others. It’s clear that you really love your friend and wanted to be there for them in their time of need.

As for whether or not you should runaway, only you know what option is best for you. Each person has different best working solutions for their problems and what works for me may not work for you. If you do choose to runaway it’s important that you have a plan about where you’ll stay and how you’ll find food. We would love to help you sort out this plan and can provide you with a list of available shelters if you get in contact with us through our online chat or hotline. Our website is www.1800runaway.org and our number is 1 (800) 786 2929.

We could also potentially help facilitate communication between you and your parents through a conference call, if you feel comfortable with that. It sounds like you feel pretty alone right now, but if you want to reach out to us directly we can help discover a course of action best suited for you.Through our phone and chat services we can learn more about your life and circumstances and as such provide you with some more specific options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our website is www.runaway.org. It takes a lot of courage to take the first and most difficult step of reaching out.
    Thank you so for contacting us and we wish you luck.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

while I appreciate the offer for a conference call it'd probably make my parents upset so thanks anyway. i will look into it though, thank you

Comment

• ccsmod6
        ccsmod6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks again for reaching out to us, we wish you the best of luck with everything! Like we said before - if you ever need anything feel free to call out to us a 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer and help you in the best way that we can.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X