wanting to call cps on mother but don't want to wreck my brothers' lives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting to call cps on mother but don't want to wreck my brothers' lives

I'm considering having a friend call cps on my mom cuz she's neglectful and leaves me and the older brother who is 11 alone at night and other reasons I'll disclose if I'm asked. But if it happens is it possible for my brothers not to be taken because the problem is with me and my mom.

RE: wanting to call cps on mother but don't want to wreck my brothers' lives

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a really tough situation right now. Nobody deserves to be neglected or abused. If this is happening to you, you have a right to make a report to CPS. If you want to explore this option, or if you aren't sure, we can answer any questions you might have, talk you through the process, and even file the report for you if you decide to do it. You should know that CPS usually has a goal of keeping families together. Making a report does not necessarily mean that you would be taken away from the home. It sounds like you are worried about your brothers being removed from the home as well. It is understandable that you are scared. If you have questions or you want to talk about it, we are here for you 24/7. We are looking forward to your call, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

responding

Yes she doesn't have anything to do with me and remember it is mental abuse not physical. She doesn't ignore them like she does me and shows she obviously doesn't care. How would go about trying to move in with my grandparents without her permission? They're stable and responsible and treat me better than she does.

Comment

RE: responding

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us. We are sorry to hear you are being mentally abused at home. You don't deserve to be treated that way. You have a right to make an abuse report if you are being abused or neglected, but CPS sometimes might not remove a child from the home for emotional abuse. It sounds like you would like to live with your grandparents. If your mother does not give you permission to live with them, you might be considered a runaway. This means you might be forced to go home, and your grandparents could get in trouble. We are not legal experts, so if you are thinking about legal options to change your custody or try emancipation, you might want to talk to a lawyer. We can help you find resources in your area to speak to a legal expert about your options. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. If you want to talk, or you need resources, we encourage you to give us a call!
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X