mom punches me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mom punches me

My mom has never hurt me or my siblings before other then slapping and spanking but lately she has been different I am rude and I cuss a lot and she doesn't like that but she has punched me a few times in the past month while we were arguing today she smacked me so hard my head hit the wall and I believe I passed out for a few seconds, she didn't care and just kept yelling at me I told my uncle and he said that if I told the police I'd end up being the one getting in trouble because even though we were both fighting I "verbally abused" her, but she punches me, so why would I be the one getting in trouble I don't know what to do I want to run away but I have no were to go I have thought about killing my self so much I don't know what to do I'm a good kid I tell her every thing I don't do drugs or party I just have a bad potty mouth

RE: mom punches me

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and sharing with us some of what has been going on. It sounds like home is a really tough place for you to be. We are glad that you are reaching out for help and support during this time. It also sounds like you are being mistreated at home. No one deserves to be treated in those ways. We are so sorry to hear this. We are here to listen and support you in what ways we can.

You had stated that there are times where you have thought about killing yourself. It must be really hard for you to be home in that environment. It is understandable that you are looking for something that is better for you. Here at NRS, we would like to offer a resource that you can turn to for when you are feeling like you want to hurt yourself. The National Suicide Hotline at 1800.273.TALK (8255) and www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is a place that you can turn to. They are a hotline and also have chat hours if that is better for you.

You mentioned that you are being mistreated at home and there have been multiple times where your mother has inappropriately put her hands on you. No one deserves to be treated in this way. It must be hard for you and your siblings now that your mom has started to behave this way. You do not deserve this. You have the right to file an abuse report with the police or your state child protective services. It is up to them if they will remove you from the home or provide you with other services. But regardless, you and your sibling do not deserve any type of physical mistreatment. Making the report would make your mom aware that they are involved. That is something that only you can decide is the best option for you. It is an option that you have. You can call Child Help USA at 1800.422.4453 and make the report with them. Another option you have is to call us and we can make the report for you or with you. These are some things to think about.

You also stated that you are thinking about leaving home and are unsure. Home sounds like it has become very stressful for you. It is really great that you are reaching out for help and support while trying to figure out what is best for you. Here at NRS, we are not legal experts but we can speak in general terms. Generally the age of majority in the US is 18. If you decided to leave before then, then your mom would be able to file a runaway report with the police. If your mo was to file one, and you are found, then you are just brought back home to your mom. Running away is not a criminal offense, it is a status offense. This is similar to a minor skipping school. However, where it can become criminal is anyone that you stay with could be charged with harboring a runaway by your mom or the police.

We gave you a lot of information to think about what is best for you. You are the only one that can make that decision as you are the expert in your life. We hoped that this helped and we would like to discuss your situation in greater detail you can always give us a call or chat with us during our chat hours. We look forward to hearing from you and we wish you the best of luck.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X