No announcement yet.

Can my step-dad hit me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my step dad is so rude to me, some times he smacks me or hits me, sometimes he yanks my hair and pushes me or throws me to the ground. He is barly ever nice to me. my mom doesn't do anything about. I don't like being at home.
    Why does my step dad hit me he is barly ever nice, when my moms not home he is so mean. he hits me, smacks me , pushes me, yanks my hair, but my mom doesn't do anything im afraid to tell her because she will tell him and i don't know what he will do if he finds out. I hate being at home and i want my step dad to leave me alone he is seriously my main problem im only 12 years old and I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 10-07-2021, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting NRS. It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation. It is very brave of you to take steps to improve your situation. We’re glad you reached out to us and we will do our best to help you find resources that may be helpful to you.

No one deserves to be treated the way you are being treated. It is not OK for your step dad to hit you. It is also your Mom’s responsibility to provide a safe and supportive environment for you. If you feel you are in danger, you can always call 911.

You could also consider contacting your local Division of Child Protective Services. . They may be able to help you find resources to help with your situation. If you are uncomfortable making the call, you can call us and one of our volunteers can make the call with or for you. We can also help you file an abuse report.

Another potential resource is the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at www.childhelp.org or 1-800-4-A-CHILD (422-4453). Childhelp is a 24-hour hotline with volunteers who can talk to you about your situation and provide resources that may be helpful to you.

Do you have friends or family that you are comfortable talking to about your situation? Do you have a teacher or counselor at school you are comfortable talking to? They may have advice or ideas that may be helpful to you. If you think it would be helpful to you, you can also call us and we can arrange a conference call with your Mom to talk about what is going on with your step dad.

You can also always contact us via chat at www.1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We have volunteers available 24/7 to talk and to help you find resources that may be helpful to you.

We wish you the best!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X