No announcement yet.

Can my step-dad hit me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My stepdad is so mean because today when he was not hungry home I made pasta and cereal and I forgot to put the box away so when he got home he called me downstairs and the was yelling at me mad screaming at me for a small mistakenly nobody’s perfect and sometimes people forget so then he started to hit me on the head and when I cried he would stick up his fist at me and say you want to cry huh. And I have a step sister so every time she makes a bigger mistake than me he won’t even say anything to her because she is more “responsible?” But once all I did was I was on my phone at 9:03 because spur bedtime is nine and I was only up to set my alarm she took away my phone and went though my personal info and deleted my photos and apps now he won’t let me get apps and I f I try it blocks me

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

We are sorry to hear you're having a rough time with your dad at home. You don't deserve to be hit or screamed at or treated unfairly. If you are being abused you can always file an abuse report through us, through your state's child abuse reporting hotline, or through www.childhelp.org (1-800-422-4453).

We would like to help but need a bit more information from you to see how we can do that. The best way for us to assist would be for you to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us via the chat feature on our website (www.1800runaway.org). Our lines and chatroom are open 24/7 and we have a large database of resources that we can connect you with, things like counseling, legal aid, and so on. Or if you just want to talk about what's going on, we are here for that too. Sometimes being able to just express how you are feeling can help.

Please stay safe. We hope to hear from you soon!

NRS

My stepdad keeps getting mad at me because I forget to put the remote for the tv back into the container,and i don't mean to but whenever we argue i always glare at him. once he actually hit me with his belt. him and my mom get mad at my little brother for crying,and slap him in the mouth whenever he makes any extra noise (crying,calling their name,humming etc) He said that it takes a lot of restraint for him to not ''slap me so hard i fly across the room'' and i'm kind of scared of him,this time the remote wasn't even lost,it was next to the holder. My mom knows about all this,and after the conversation she told me to say sorry. I have adhd and I try to explain why i often forget things to my parents an why i shout at them (doctors also think i have Asperger as well) by accident and they always tell me im using it as an excuse. whenever they think i do things that i didnt do they don't believe me when i explain ''I didn't know we had ice cream in the fridge so how did I eat them all'' they dismiss my explanation and blame me anyways.
    whenever i try to talk to my mom about things she always belittles me and tells me how her childhood was worse (it was pretty bad.) And when we get into arguments I cry and usually dig my nails into my arm to try and stop (I've been leaving scars recently) She always thinks im crying to get at her. and always tells me ''crying isnt going to solve anything'' and that she ''isnt going to pity me''
    I also feel like a burden because i cause them financial problems and im probably just being a bad kid. I have everything a kid could want. I should shut up. im probably just looking for attention.
    Im probably just over exaggerating because im dumb.
    I know this isnt going to help yet im doing it anyways. I dont know why. I dont even know you people. Im going to get in trouble for this aren't i.
    screw it nothing can get worse.
    Not like i have anyone i can move in with.
    my dad only sees me and my step brothers as free work. with a slight bit of attachment. whatever.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,
      Thank you for reaching out to the NRS, it seems like you are going through a lot right now at home and catching blame for things you can’t control and its starting to get to you. Your stepdad might be frustrated by some of the issues that come with ADHD and possible Asbergers but that never excuses him hitting you or threatening you with physical violence like that. You don’t deserve to be blamed for things outside of your control, and you shouldn’t feel guilty for getting the help you need to deal with your mental health challenges. It is understandable to feel upset when they dismiss you and belittle you at every turn and don’t listen to your explanations. Crying is a natural outlet for emotions and it sounds tough that you feel like you can’t release those emotions when they are causing you so much distress. We encourage you to find some other ways that won’t cause you physical distress to deal with the emotional distress you are going through. We are certainly happy to talk more with you about your difficult situation and brainstorm some steps you might be able to take. Last thing is that just because you have basics like food and shelter, doesn’t excuse your parent’s behavior and your feelings of frustration and fear of them are valid feelings to have. You don’t need to apologize or rationalize the feelings you are having they are what tell you that the situation isn’t OK for you and that changes might be needed.
      As for what those changes are we are happy to brainstorm them and be a place for you to vent more about the situation. Sometimes just talking to someone that is on your side and willing to listen can open up new ways of looking at the situation and fresh ideas for how to cope with things.
      We look forward to talking with you more at www.1800runaway.org or on the phone at 1-800-786-2929.
      Stay Safe
      NRS

is it ok for my mom to push me down because she doesnt like what im wearing and i dont want to change

Comment

my step dad has a camera monitoring me and I have to sit in front of it every day, I have to ask to do anything: eat, use the bathroom, etc. i fell like running away, what should i do

Comment

• ccsmod13
        ccsmod13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving and have started to think about what you would need to do to leave home and have some questions. If you need any additional resources or support related to leaving home, please do not hesitate to call NRS directly at 1-800-786-2929 or visit https://www.1800runaway.org/. We are here 24/7 to take calls and chats.

We are sorry to hear you are having a hard time with your stepfather at home. It is never okay to be harmed by anyone. If you need support discussing what is happening at home or are interested in making an abuse report you can call Child Help 1-800-422-4453. An advocate can work with you and call the reporting line with you and provide support through your challenging time.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Be safe,

NRS

my dad dragged me off the couch hit me slapped me and he slammed me to the ground and threw me off my bed.

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen.
        Wow we are so sorry that happened to you, you do not deserve to be treated that way. If you are in serious danger, please call 911. You can also make an abuse report by calling Child Help at 1800-422-4453. If you do not have a phone you can also make a report online at ChildHelp.org.
        We are here for you 24/7, if you have more questions or need someone to talk to please call us at 1800 RUNAWAY.
        Stay strong,

NRS

please help me im suicidal and my step father is hitting me

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello again,
        We are so sorry to hear about your situation and glad that you reached out for help. We want you to know you are important and you are worth living. If you are feeling suicidal please reach out for help at The National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1800-273-8255.
        You can also reach out to us, for a more individualized response please call us or chat with us online.

Stay Strong!
        NRS

hey so my stepdad it always threating to hit me and he does sometimes and my mom lets him is that ok/

Comment

• ccsmod13
        ccsmod13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at The National Runaway Safeline where we are here to help and here to listen. No one should make you feel unsafe and you do not deserve to be harmed in any way. It shows a lot courage to reach out for help. You can always reach out to us or Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. Child help is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how child protective services could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.. Remember you are not alone and that there is always someone willing to help. We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through chat (1800runaway.org) 24/7.

Stay Strong,
        NRS

I need help idk if the things my mom and step dad r doing to me are ok

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi-- Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We know it can be scary to reach out for support. Though you haven’t shared what your mom and step dad are doing, please know you don't deserve to be hurt in any way. No one deserves to be hit or abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, you have the right to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance. You can consider reporting mistreatment to child protective services (CPS). And Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you decide you want assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

If you would like to talk in more detail, please call us at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the CHAT button). We are able to offer emotional support, explore options with you, and offer possible resources in your area. We hope to hear from you soon. Much support, NRS

Yesterday I was looking for something for my mom and she told me to look on the counter so I looked but I told her it wasn’t there so my step dad just kept telling me to look on a counter with nothing on it so when my mom found what she was looking for inside her room I told her that they kept telling me looking on the counter and it was becoming repetitive so he went into the kitchen and started saying how he couldn’t stand me and things like that and I didn’t say anything but once he brought my mom in to it I told him that if he has anything to say he can say it directly to me he then proceeded to walk into the room and start yelling at me and he got in my face screaming that he was grown and our argument got so Intense that I called him a ********** he then proceeded to throw a cup of sprite into my face and after that we started fighting after we fought my mom comforted him and not me she talked to me and told me that I caused what happened and that if it wasn’t for me saying anything I would have never gotten hurt and it’s not the first time something like this has happened he’s hit my mom multiple times but it’s the first time he has hit me

Comment

• ccsmod13
        ccsmod13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to child protective services. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X