•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod16
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We want you to know that no matter what, you do not deserve to be hit by your stepfather or another family member that is harming you. We want you to know that seeking out for help takes a lot of courage and we are glad that you found us. Please keep in mind that you have every right to call the police if you believe your life is in danger or if you are in a dangerous environment.
    You can also report child abuse anonymously by going on to the website childhelp.org, or talking to a teacher or another trusted adult who can file for you. You can contact us to talk this over further and allow us to listen and help. You can call our hotline at (1-800-786-2929) or chat us through this website.  We hope you would contact us via our live chats or by phoning our toll-free number; we truly hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Am I allowed to get hit if I raise my tone at my step dad for not allowing me to do nothing and is super strict?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hi uh..my stepdad is just horrible. just yesterday i came home from school and he was all drunk and mad at me for no reason, so i head to my room and he comes in telling me that hes gonna put a lock on my door, hes gonna put my head through walls and death threatening me. i dont like to admit it but im scared for myself. im so sick and tired of the way im being forced to live. what should i do..

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    So for the past month or so my step dad gets really mad at me for not doing chores around the house (trash,laundry,cat litter) and he call me a "lazy b**** a*** gen z" and thinks that every time i mess up he brings that up and says "kids in your gen think that its all sunshine and rainbows and yall think everything is going to be handed to you" Well i got a old cracked iPhone 6 that my friend didn't want anymore and i got it from him so i could finally get a phone (bc my step dad thinks that i coudlnt have a phone until i get a job) which i think is unfair bc my 6 yr old brother has a iPhone 10 to play with and im 15 and in 10th grade high school and it is so aggravating i only have a stupid laggy samsung tablet i have this game called Pokemon go and your supposed to collect Pokemon and stuff and he plays it too and you can trade them in game and he takes all of my good ones and leaves me with ********ty ones this is not the first time i hid a phone from him and he found it and smashed it with a slege hammer,and i got grounded since like October and last time i was grounded i was supposed to be grounded for a month (bc i was playing video games when i was not supposed to be) which i think was unreasonable and that month turned in to 1 year and 8 months,im stilll grounded to this day,and he tells me to clean all rooms in my house and vacuum them i told him no multiple times and he said"you do not tell me what you want to do i tell you what to do" i said no again and he grabbed my arm and folded it behind my back and put all his body weight on me an screams and spits in my face he makes fun of me all the time and smacks me in the back of the head a lot and every time i put my hands up to defend myself he says"you hit me im going to treat you like a grown up and punch you and knock you out and when you wake up you will be missing some teeth" and i hate him so much and he thinks he can do what ever he wants to me i want to get away from him and school is the only way and when i come home he sends me straight to my room and he falls asleep i come out and and try to watch tv my life sucks =(

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    can my stepdad hit me, damage my phone and can I kick him out

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us at the NRS. It sounds like this is a very hurtful and scary situation. It’s important to remember that there is a difference between what he is allowed to do legally and what he should be doing as your parent. Legally, your stepdad is allowed to be mad at you. But at the same time, that doesn’t make it okay for him to hit you or call you names when he gets upset over a game. None of that is okay for your stepdad to do to you, and you don’t deserve to be treated like that.

If you’re feeling like you’d like to talk more about how you’re feeling about this, and if there’s any way we can help you ensure you stay safe, please feel free to reach out to us at 1(800) RUNAWAY. You can also chat with one of our crisis counselors online at 1800runaway.org. Take care, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
    NRS

Guest replied
    my dad hits me a lot calls me ********y names like he dont give a ******** bout me my step dad then later he goes like a sorry lets restart the next day he gets mad over a game

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello, thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline! It takes a lot of courage to speak up about what is happening at home. We are here to support you during this time.

It is not ok for your stepdad to make you take off your clothes and put his knee on your neck, regardless of you misbehaving. We are sorry that you are going through this at home.

You can report any mistreatment to Child Protective Services. Child Help 1-800-422-4452 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from harm and can help with filing an abuse report. NRS is available to have a conference call with their agency if you need support with making a report.

You can also talk to a trusted adult about what is going on if you do not want to make a report yourself. This could be a school counselor or a teacher who can provide you support. You are not alone in this! NRS provides 24/7 call services or live chats if you want to discuss this further.

Thank you again for reaching out!
    NRS

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    hello is it alright for my step dad to make me take my clothes off when i was misbehaving or put his knee on my neck and pressure point me

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    my step dad(32) is very abusive and always threatens me(12) and my older brother(15) he always acts like the victim when its really me and my brother who are the victims, for example a year or 2 ago(he was way more abusive) i was just cleaning up the house whilst he was asleep and my younger brother was eating and making a mess, so he wakes up and sees the mess my brother made and sees me and was like" who the f*** made this mess and why is this Bologna" i said it was A-" before i could even finish my sentence he threw me to the ground and started to hit me non stop. that was one of the thousands of examples. hes been beating me for as long as i can remember. a few weeks ago my step dad got mad at me for a stupid reason and he came in my room and started to yell and threaten me and i looked at him in the eyes and got enraged for eye contact. (HOW dumb are you to get enraged by eye contact) and he said go to bed and then he straight smashes my phone he didnt pay a penny for. my real dad bought that phone(my real dad is like my best friend) so i get super mad but i let it slide after he left my room he was still talking S***. there is one thing he said that i hate being called because i would never be it is homo after he said that i didnt let slide i started yelling at him and he came in my room saying" DO SOMETHING YOU TOUGH NOW" i was bouta beat him when he pushed to the ground. now i aint scared of nobody but i do know i cant beat him if he gets on me because hes heavy and big so i gotta keep a pocket knife on me i dont care if i go to jail atleast he would be out of my life. i really want to runaway but i have nowhere to go because my dad doesnt have his own place and my grandparents dont have anymore space and i dont have any friends and i cant call 911 because i dont have a phone. no im not homophobic either. he always threatens my older brother also. and i forgot to mention he doesnt feed me when my mom is not at my house i havent eaten anything all weekend because he only feeds the other kids not me. so im pretty hungry

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry to hear you are getting beat up. You do not deserve to be abused. If you feel comfortable talking about the abuse it can be helpful to talk to a trusted adult in your life like another family member, school counselor, or friend’s parent. If you prefer to talk to an anonymous resource like us you can reach out to Child Help, the child abuse hotline, by calling them at 1-800-422-4453 or chatting with them at their website, www.childhelp.org. If you would like to file an abuse report, we can file one with you or for you if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at our website www.1800runaway.org. You can also file one on your own at www.childhelp.org if you would like.

Feel free to reach out again to us anytime as we are available 24/7 and are completely confidential. Best of luck!

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Guest View Post
    My stepdad did the same thing a couple weeks ago only after i pushed him off and got away he chased me into my room and i had to punch and kick to get him off. Then I got blamed for it happening... -_-
    Im 12 and i geting beat up and i keep tring to run away

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X