Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    My brother (7) and I (11) were in my room playing and he was drunk he was being loud and obnoxious. So I said Caden can you quite down and started cussing at us and he was throwing things and pushing us on the ground then he acted like he left so I went out of my room and when I went back I left the door open he hits my brother and I run to my moms room but he starts chasing me and now I’m locked in my room because of him my mom doesn’t seem to understand he’s not good for any of us and he’s scaring me to where I want to run away forever! I’m so scared of him he thinks he’s a psycho he’s crazy one time I was walking into the kitchen and he starts chasing me with a hatchet

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).
    With everything that you have been going through at home. It took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate your strength in dealing with this situation.
    We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way.
    When anyone is at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, they are encouraged to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. Seems as though you feel your mother may be too afraid to step in to help with your safety and wellbeing. That she might feel that’ll she’ll be hurt as well. There is services in place to help protect those who are victims of abuse. The Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 is an organization that provides help to victims of abuse by a husband or partner. Perhaps this might be helpful for your mom in getting assistance if she would like to get away with you and your siblings to a safe place.

You may also be able to report any abuse of you or your siblings to Child Protective Sserices. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. What you did by reaching out today was brave.
    If you would like to talk more about your situation or discuss options, please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My stepdad who has no authority over me(has not adopted me and I don’t have his last name) has done many things to me, he gets insanely mad at me for no reason and will grab the back of my neck and squeeze it super hard, and yells at me super loud, one time he got mad and tried to spank me and I didn’t know it but I turned when he did it and hit my wrist super hard and injured it, it got swollen and turned black and blue for a week and he he takes his two fingers and pokes me in the chest super hard he’s left a bruise before, and one time he lifted me up and like threw me in the ground/ aggressively dropped me on hard wood flooring and I hurt my ankle and I had to get a ankle brace. And I think my moms just to afraid to say anything cause she is afraid she will get hurt. Btw I’m only 12 years old and he’s done some of the same thing a to my sisters who are only 6 and 3 years old

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Hey there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We are always here to help in any way we can. Please give us a call or chat with us on our website so we can talk more about what’s going on at home.

It sounds like home is getting dangerous for you, which is never okay. Your dad should not be threatening you with physical abuse/violence. If you need to flee your home due to safety issues, and you’re underage, please know that running away isn’t something you can be arrested for. If you need somewhere to go, please contact us. We can see if there’s runaway shelters in your area. If you ever want to report any abuse you’re going through, we can help you do that as well as Child Help (800)422-4453/ www.childhelp.org

Please remember that we are here for you and we’re open 24/7. Don’t hesitate to call or chat with us.

Stay safe, NRS

Guest replied
    MY dad said she was gonna punch me in the I’m so gonna live somewhere else

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what happened with your step-dad. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    My step dad hits me when he’s angry he’s been doing it for ages now I’m 14 and today my dog bit my brother because my brother is only 4 so he was being rough with her. It was only a small bite and he started crying my dad got very angry as he hates my dog anyways, he went downstairs and started to kick her so I came down and told him to stop and he just kept pushing me back. I pushed him away from her crying telling him he’s going to hurt her and then he started kicking and punching me and I tried to push him away because he was hurting me. He then punched me in the back of the head and pushed me to the floor where I hit my head of the edge of the fireplace. I don’t know what to do my mom dosent understand that he is really violent and really horrible to me and I have such a bad headache now. I can’t live like this anymore he’s such a horrible person.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My step-dad beats me and my brothers up with a belt and makes fun of me every day, he threatens to hurt me more or make me live on the streets if I dont listen to him and constantly hits me if I dont listen to him or show any sign of disrespect

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

With everything that you have been going through at home it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    no he can’t I put up with the same ******** for up to 4 years until I got bigger than him and stronger than him and he tried to do it one day and I put him on his ass knocked his head into the hardwood floor and yelled "don’t touch me again or I won’t stop next time nasty prick!" And then I ran away for a good month and a half I’m looking for help run too my grandma is fighting for custody but idk how I’m going to get out because he took all my ******** except my bed and 3 days’ worth of clothes like I’m talking even my dresser and some shoes, and put it in a storage unit god knows where.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 03-27-2020, 02:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write us here at NRS. It takes a lot of strength to share a bit of your story. From what you mentioned, it sounds like your dad is making home a dangerous place for you. Parents are supposed to make home a safe place where you feel supported and cared for.

Generally speaking, your parents are your legal guardians until you reach the age of majority (18 in most states). This means that your dad has a legal responsibility to make sure you have a safe place to live. If he kicks you out it can be considered neglect which is illegal. Using a belt and slapping you are examples of physical abuse and it is never okay for a parent or anyone else to physically harm you. You do have the option to make an abuse report to involve child protective services. There is an organization called Child Help that advocates for young people in unsafe and abusive situations. You contact them at 1-800-422-4453 or go to childhelp.org to learn more about what the reporting process looks like and how to make a report.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Is it okay for my dad to threaten to throw me out of the house? Is it okay for him to "Woop" me with the belt, or slap me?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to us. We are glad that you did. We want you to know that we are here for you and that we believe you.
    It is understandable to be scared since your step-dad told you he would hit you, and that you don’t know what to do about it. Sometimes what comes across as “attitude” isn’t meant that way; there is some breakdown in communications that cause
    If your mom is someone that you are close to, maybe you can talk with her about what happened, and what you are worried about. If you’d prefer, you can also reach out to us in a way that we can converse back and forth, so that we can listen to what life is like for you and help you come up with a plan that you feel comfortable with. You can reach us either by our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or via live chat through www.1800runaway.org
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely, NRS

Guest replied
    so my step told me that he was going to hit me because apparently I was having an attitude with him and now I'm scared and don't know what to do about it.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X