Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't want to live with my mom, I want to live with my sister.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to live with my mom, I want to live with my sister.

I'm 13 and I don't want to live with my mom, I don't hate her I just don't feel healthy there mentally. I would rather live with my sister, my nephews, and her foster kids. I'm staying with my sister for the summer because my mom's friend wasn't treating me right and my family is living with him for a while. She has driven me to the point of suicide then used that to guilt trip me. She is inconsiderate that I am suffering depression. Please help me find out what to do.

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out. First of all, we are so sorry to hear that your mother makes you feel that way. You don't deserve that. If you are ever struggling with immediate thoughts of suicide or having difficulty managing your depression, you can contact the police or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. You are never alone.

It sounds like you get a lot of support from your sister, which is awesome. Considering the way you feel at your mother's house, it is good you have the option to stay with your sister and her family this summer. Maybe staying with her for the long-term is a possibility you could discuss with her and your mother, because it seems like that would be best for your mental health. We can always help advocate on your behalf and offer conference calls with your family if you think these conversations might be tough. Our hotline is open 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929, and you can always give us a call to explain your situation further and work things out in your head! And we have resources we can direct you to if you are ever in a difficult situation with nowhere to go.

Again, we really appreciate the strength it took for you to get in touch and we want to help in any way we can. Feel free to get in touch with any further concerns. We're here to listen, here to help.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X