Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im having family issues at home

Hi im 21 years old and I live with my parents who are the meanest people I have ever been with they hate me and despise me and yet im still here? I have some money to move out but no job at the moment.My sister is so mean to me she yells at me doesnt want me around and they tell mean rumors about me no one is helping me I have been bullied at school because I cant be socially good because of how bad my parents are to me I need help:0?

Hello there, thanks for reaching out. It must be really hard to live with mean and hurtful family members. Bullying is never okay, and you deserve better than that.

Since you are 21 years old, you can legally move out without being considered a runaway if your parents do not have extended guardianship over you. You mentioned having some money to move out. That is awesome! If you haven’t already, you might start applying for jobs so you can have enough income to support yourself. Sometimes it can be really helpful financially to find a roommate, or to stay with other family members.

Sound like this has been taking a big toll on you and you are having trouble being social at school. If you haven’t already, you might consider talking to a trusted friend or counselor about how you are feeling. You should not have to go through this alone. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are here to listen and help as best we can. We can provide you with support and look for local low to no cost counseling resources for you in your area.

We wish you the best with everything!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X