help pls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help pls

im in alabama, im 11, and I'm a massive burden to my family. my dad died, now were living in an apartment, and I'm leaving. could i get help? any backstories? i also need to know if its illegal in any way for me to do this.

thanks!

Re: help pls

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been going through a lot at home with your dad passing away and has got to be really hard. We’re glad that you have contacted us, we’re here to help the best that we can.

So you shared that you feel like you are a massive burden to your family. This has got to be such a difficult feeling to have. Is there something specific happening at home that makes you feel this way? One option might be to communicate this feeling to your family, to see if there is anything that they can do differently in their actions. It can be hard to confront family or friends about issues or feelings that you are having, which is one of the reasons we offer conference calling here at National Runaway Safeline. If you were to call us at 1800runaway, we could make a call out to a legal guardian and conduct a call and mediate the communication between the two of you.

We’re not here to tell you what to do, we just want to make sure that you are safe in whatever decision you make. We're not legal experts, but generally it is not illegal to runaway, it's a status offense, however if a runaway report is made, anyone that you stay with has the potential of being charged for harboring a runaway which is illegal. There are a few things that can be helpful to think through before running away:

What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    What would make me stay at home?
    How will I survive?
    Is running away safe?
    Who can I count on to help me?
    Am I being realistic?
    Have I given this enough thought?
    What are my other options?
    If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    When I return home, what will happen?

There is always someone here to listen and here to talk. Please do not hesitate to call us or chat us. We’re here to support you.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X