The cup has over filled and its spilling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cup has over filled and its spilling

Hello I'm a 17 year old living in Nevada. My life has never been very easy. My parents were both immigrants to this country and had to work very hard to gain citizenship. My mother had 2 boys when she met my father. He never warmed up to or shown them love. The day they turned 18 they were kicked out. My whole life I've been trying so hard to make my father happy. But I am not good enough. Not smart enough. Not athletic enough. I attend a career technical school and get good marks on tests. I do not feel loved I feel trapped in this house. I've not ever been allowed to go out without my father in my shadow. I have never slept anywhere other than my own bed. I decided I wanted to emancipate myself and move. I'm scared of my parents finding out and not letting me leave. I can't breath. My cup of tolerance is spilling and I do not know how deal with all this before. All the emotional abuse gets me to hurt myself (which I have done in the past) I cannot express my feelings to my parents. They are very old fashion and believe children shouldn't ever complain to a parent but just be grateful for life and shut up and do whatever they say. The fact that I'm a female does not help. My culture paints females as helpless, brainless people that have kids and clean and do whatever the man of the house says. I need help. I need a bigger cup.

The cup has over filled and its spilling

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you have had some very frustrating and emotional times at home.
    You do not deserve any type of abuse, we understand that this behavior by you parents has caused you to feel the way you do. Though you have not feel able with talking to your parents about the way you feel, you have expressed your feelings quite well to us. Good for you. Being able to speak about things can be quite a good way of relieving stress.
    How are you feeling?

We hope that you will find positive steps to help cope with your situation as opposed to self-harm. Would you be interested in any referrals for counseling? We have a large data base so perhaps we can assist you with services in your area for counseling and support.
    We might also be able to assist you with information about emancipation and any other options that might be available to you. How does that sound?

You are welcome to call NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit our website and try our live chat service. NRS live chat is available from 4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST).
    You are deserving of respect and no one has the right to try and make you feel less any less. We hope you will continue to seek help.

We are here to listen- here to help 24hrs a day.
    Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X