Non understanding, non caring, favoring parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non understanding, non caring, favoring parents

My parents yell at me everyday when I don't even do anything to make them mad. Its just like stress relief for them and they think it's.a game. They favor my brother who can do whatever he wants to, he hits me and steals from me and they don't care. I Don't tell my parents anything because they only yell at me and say it's my fault. They won't let me get my permit or a car for no reason, but my brother got those no problem. I'm Not important at my house, they don't care about me and they don't want me here. I can't talk with them because they'll just yell and scream about how stupid I am. They don't want me, they only wanted :my brother and my parents think they own me and can do whatever they want. I get spanked for WRONG reasons, and and published for things I didn't do.

Re: non understanding, non caring, favoring parents

Hi there,

We are glad you reached out to us, we are here to support you during this time. It sounds like you are having trouble with your parents, and that is a difficult situation to be in. We are sorry to hear that your parents yell at you every day, and you feel as if they don’t care about you. It looks like you feel as if your parent’s favor your brother, and we are sorry that he hits you and steals from you and your parents don’t care. Do you have another family member, such as an aunt/uncle or grandparent that you think could make the situation better, or talk to your parents for you? That can’t be an easy situation to go through, do you have any friends that you can talk with about what’s going on? It is understandable that you would feel upset. Have you considered talking with someone at school about how you are feeling, such as a counselor or social worker? It may be helpful to find a support system that can be there for you during this time.

We are sorry to hear about what’s going on with your parents and brother, and we are here to support you. If you would like to speak further on your situation, the best way to reach us is to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, where we are available 24/7 and you can remain anonymous and confidential. You can also reach us through our email and bulletin service, and our chat service during the available times of 4:30pm-11:30pm.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

so i have been babysitting my brothers for the past almost 6 months and it makes me mad cuz when i was babysitting (im not anymore, finally)then when i try to be the "mom" in the situation i get yelled at cuz im not supposed to be the mom. my mom works nite shifts and it makes me mad cuz i have to be the "mom" and whenever i do i get yelled at.im trying to be the mom my mom was never like when i was a kid. I get yelled at for practicly anything i do and its really hard to kind of cope when you have your mom pulling out your head phones to talk to you when basically i dont want to talk to anyone. then on the other hand i have my little brother who is 4 years younger than me calling me really bad names and threatening to hurt me at times and i cant deal with it cuz my past was really bad one and that just reminds me even more and im trying so hard to forget it but i just isnt working. i just dont no what to do anymore i hate it there most of the time and i just want to move out cuz ill be 17 4 months and i dont no how to do the empancipation thing

Comment

RE: Non understanding, non caring, favoring parents

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a really tough situation at home. It sounds like you are taking care of your brothers while your mom is at work, and like you are having a hard time coping. That sounds really difficult. We are sorry to hear you are being yelled at all the time and that your brother calls you names. That sounds tough to deal with. It is understandable that you are feeling mad about this situation. You mentioned that some bad things happened to you in your past and you are trying to forget them, but you are struggling. Have you ever talked to anyone about what happened to you in your past, or how you are feeling now? It sounds like you are under a lot of stress. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. If you are interested in talking about your situation and exploring your options, please don’t hesitate to call. You asked about emancipation. We can help you explore emancipation as an option. Every state has different laws about emancipation. We are not legal experts, but we can give you general information about how emancipation works. Emancipation is a process that can take some time. You might not be able to just move out right away. If you leave before you are 18, you might be considered a runaway, which means that the police could force you to go back home. If you are interested in emancipation, you might want to talk to a lawyer about your options. If you call in, we can answer any questions you might have and give you resources that could help you with this process. We can also give you ideas for how to improve your situation, and resources for someone to talk to. We are wishing you the best of luck, and hoping to hear from you soon.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X