Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I do it?

I'm 10 years old and I feel like nothing is going right in my life. My parents and brother and sister always figjt with eachother and I feel like I'm in the middle of it. My father scares me and my mother doesn't include me the rest of my family in her life.
    I need a solution and all I can think of is running away.

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are thinking about running away from home because you are always caught in the middle of the drama. It is understandable that you would want to leave a place where you are constantly surrounded by people that are fighting. You said that you have been trying to think of ways to deal with your situation but the only thing you can think of is running away. Some things to consider are:
    -How will your parents react to you leaving?
    -Will they call the police?
    -Do you have a safe place to go?
    -What about school? Is continuing an education important to you?
    -How are you going to survive? Food? Shelter? Transportation? Money?
    -Who can you depend on if you were to leave home?
    - What is your plan B if your first plan does not work out?
    -Who have you reached out to make things better at home?
    -If you were forced to return home, what do you think that would look like?

We are not going to tell you that you should or should not runaway. We are here to try to provide you with support and resources so that if you do decide to leave home, you are doing it intelligently and safely. So if running away is something that you really want to do then you are more than welcome to give us a call and we can talk about all of your options and help you come up with a safety plan. 1-8000-786-2929

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X