Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents causing emotional sickness

Hello,

I am 16 years old, recently i have failed two classes and being in running start (going to college instead of highschool) i will be sent back to highschool. My dad (who i dont even want to call dad) has been neglecting me and has been setting limits for me. He chooses to push me harder than i should be, and the lectures he gives me doesn't give me any hope or any word of support. This has caused me a lot of emotional pain, and to mention i have been abused by him before and had CPS (child protective services) come to my house and talk to him when in elementary, i regret not leaving him. His constant anger and constant demoralizing words have cause me to self-harm, to the point of contemplating suicide at the end of my bed and led me to clinical depression and insomnia. At this moment, running away, or even jumping off a bridge feels like a great option. My thoughts right now are just that i don't want to live with him no longer. They say parents give you love and support, but i can honestly say that none of those applies to my father. My final thoughts are just as follows: What actions can i take to live with another family member if that is possible. I honestly dont feel safe at home, verbal abuse is too much and the depression gets worse. Finally, is there anything i can do right now to talk to someone about this without my dad knowing? Please help, and thank you for your time, this took a lot of courage to post...this is my first post.

RE: Parents causing emotional sickness

Hello,

Thanks for writing this. It sounds like it took a lot of strength and courage to reach out for help. We are so glad that you chose to reach out to us. We are sorry to hear about the abusive environment that you are living in. It is understandable why you would want to leave. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can.
    It sounds like you have struggled with self-harm and thoughts of suicide. Our first priority at NRS is your safety. It sounds like you are really suffering with your depression right now. We are here to help however we can. You mentioned that you feel that killing yourself sounds like an option to get out of your situation. That sounds very serious. You sound like a really strong and smart person who is in a bad situation right now. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a great resource for you. You can call 1-800-273-8255 or go to www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org to chat with someone live any time. They have great resources and support that could help keep you alive.

Have you ever talked to someone about how you are feeling? If you are interested we can help you find resources in your community. It sounds like your primary concern is finding an alternative living arrangement. Do you have somewhere you could live? You should know that since you are 16, you are considered a minor, so your father could report you as a runaway to the police, who might make you go home. You could always tell them what is going on at home, and it might change how they react to the situation. Also, you might think about talking to a lawyer about what options you might have. We can help you find resources for this. You can call us any time, 24/7 to discuss your situation and talk through options. All of our services are completely confidential, so you can talk to us without worrying that your dad will find out. We are here for you. Wishing you the best of luck, and h
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X